pedal accent kits?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Where can i find chrome pedal kits or pedal accent kits for my 71 scamp (3 pedals)? i have always wanted a set to just dress it up a little but i have no idea where to even look for them...any tips for the cheapest, best looking ones would be great! lol

thanks!
Matthew

Keep watching the car parts 4 sale forum here. I just bought a set last night....8)

look in similiar year c or b body cars. they are the same most of the time...

there are no companies that anyone knows of making these things? id rather not have to wait for them to come up for sale on here again, cuz who says they will right? 7demon2, those accent kits are factory in c and b bodies or something?

You can check e-bay, or P.G. Classics. I have seen the generic ones in Advanced Auto and Pep Boys.

there are no companies that anyone knows of making these things? id rather not have to wait for them to come up for sale on here again, cuz who says they will right? 7demon2, those accent kits are factory in c and b bodies or something?
The brake pedal seems to be more common at the junk yards. I might have an extra of those, I will check if you are interested.

look in similiar year c or b body cars. they are the same most of the time...

I tried this and the gas pedeal was different, trim was taller, it still fits, just hangs over the top edge, can't even see it unless you look under the dash. The brake and park bezel are more common, I found some in a c-body Fury.

YearOne sells pedal covers and bezels. I put a e-body throttle pedal in my 67 A. That pedal is smaller but looks better to me.

7demon2, those accent kits are factory in c and b bodies or something?
most c body and alot of b boddy cars were equipped with them. try to find a similiar year car ( got a 72 then look for a 70 -72 car) and you should be good to go. if you go to far up in years on the doner car then there is a slight difference in gas pedal size. newer is usally smaller!

I tried this and the gas pedeal was different, trim was taller, it still fits, just hangs over the top edge, can't even see it unless you look under the dash. The brake and park bezel are more common, I found some in a c-body Fury.

if it was taller on the gas pedal then you need a different year setup or you had the wrong original pedal in your car to start. you can always just transplant the complete gas pedal to make it right. imperials are always a good doner car for these......i always take a measure of what i have before i go hunting for these things. they polish up really nicely too

Dont the b c bodies differ as ther are attached to the floor and the a bodys are suspended?
I scored a nice one for my GTX out of a 68 Newport that has chrome trim.

Dont the b c bodies differ as ther are attached to the floor and the a bodys are suspended?
I scored a nice one for my GTX out of a 68 Newport that has chrome trim.

yes in some cases this is true, but the pedal can come off. brake pedal is a rubber piece that slips over the actual metal brake. the gas pedal is attached from behind and can be unclipped and reattached. remember you will need a mirror! i can get you some pics also of this if needed....

hey guys thanks for the info! i will look around in the yards and also try some of the resto shops...id rather try and find some myself before clunking down the cash on new ones....its amazing how much pedal stuff costs

hey guys thanks for the info! i will look around in the yards and also try some of the resto shops...id rather try and find some myself before clunking down the cash on new ones....its amazing how much pedal stuff costs

I don't remember them being to bad but I did get mine a while ago. They do dress up the interior nicely though.

DartInterior.jpg

Just a heads up on an old thread- If you purchase the gas pedal bezel from PG it DOES NOT fit. It is too tall even though they state it is correct for a 74 A-body.

The pedal in my Duster is 4.5" tall, the PG bezel is about 5"

I'm trying to figure out what pedal it fits now and see if it will fit my Duster.

Attachments

• gas pedal.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 154
Where can i find chrome pedal kits or pedal accent kits for my 71 scamp (3 pedals)? i have always wanted a set to just dress it up a little but i have no idea where to even look for them...any tips for the cheapest, best looking ones would be great! lol

thanks!
Matthew

Any auto parts store will carry them. I've seen them at Pep Boys, Autozone, O'Reilly's....just go and check them out.

Jason

-
Back