69 Darts Rule
Reaction score
1972 dart power brakes drums all around
found 1 leak fixed master is full
but pedal goes to the floor
and before i start throwing parts at it
what do u guys think
i say master cylinder

mine are kinda crazy like that mine go to the floor until u can only fit ur foot under the pedal and floor thats where mine stops kinda weird but i would say maybe the wheel cylanders.

if it had a hole in the line then maybe you got air in the master and you need to bench bleed the master then each wheel make sure to not run the master dry when bleeding the wheels

as was said above, sounds like air in the lines somewhere. first bleed master cyl, then each wheel starting at the wheel with the longest brake line working to the shortest. IF you pump it a bunch, do you get a little pedal?

Normally if master cyl is bad, it will be leaking.

a buddy of mine used to bleed his brakes all the time by just loosening all the bleeder screws and let the car sit for an hour or so. I dont know how it worked, but it did.

I vote for master cylinder. If the pedal goes ALL the way to the floor and there are no leaks, then the fluid is by-passing the piston in the master cylinder.

If there was air in the lines, you would get at least a little pedal at one of the wheel cylinders.:happy7:

-
Back