penetrating oil

-
Kroil first, then Acetone/Trans fluid. Also you can heat the nut or bolt and put Paraffin wax on it. The wax creeps into the voids and acts as a lubricant.
LOL!
Ditto the heat! But have never heard of the wax trick though! I really love it when I learn new old school stuff. That's the best nugget I've heard in a while! I don't get too much old school lernin at my age anymore! Thanks!:cheers:

aerokroil works best but can never find it. next up is penetrating oil from kimbal midwest it works pretty gr8 and smells purdy:) lol

I used to use PB Blaster but switched to "Deep Creep" and I'm sold on it. Good stuff.

I've got some Acetone and ATF sitting around the garage, I'm going to have to try that.

I used to use PB Blaster but switched to "Deep Creep" and I'm sold on it. Good stuff.

I've got some Acetone and ATF sitting around the garage, I'm going to have to try that.

I too am using more Sea Foam Deep Creep now--works very well. I have Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster, etc. around my garage. If they sell it, I'll probably buy it.

One thing I want to make clear: PB Blaster stinks, literally! I just hate that stanky smell, so Deep Creep is what I use more often than not now.

One thing I will say about PB Blaster is that it does not seem to evaporate off the parts when you get it broken free. I had an extremely seized up axle adjuster for an 8 3/4. Although it took days to get it free (it was very rusty and I did not want to be hard on it), I had to change the bearing after being on the car for 800 miles (bearing made noise from day one when I installed it) and the PB blaster was still there in the threads. That being said, I like deep creep too.

-
Back