Pennsylvania barn find!!!!

-

Tbone416

Reaction score
65 formula 273 4brl 4 speed untouched! I'm trying to buy it but what's it worth?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 642
This is what I use to get an idea what is a fair price when making an offer [you don't want to piss them off].http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1965/Plymouth/Barracuda-Formula-S/2-Door-Hardtop/Values

^May not work -6906 low retail
15,562 average retail
23,125 high retail
Depending upon rust, missing, damaged parts and restoration costs I personally would not go more than 3000/3500 $. less if possible, but I'm sure the owner knows what they have and won't accept less than 5-8 grand.
Your call.

Worth at least 2 to 2500 in parts so go from there. If the fender tag shows it is an S with 4 speed the value goes up. Does it have the factory tach. ?

never fails......I can't find a darn thing but others are constantly finding stuff not that far from me!

Should be a fun car to drive.

I wouldnt call it untouched - it has the wrong rallye wheels on it and is painted primer, but I think you mean it is mostly original and all there, probably in the $2000 range if it has no major rust issues, looks like a great platform to build! Are those large bolt pattern rallyes on it?

I wouldnt call it untouched - it has the wrong rallye wheels on it and is painted primer, but I think you mean it is mostly original and all there, probably in the $2000 range if it has no major rust issues, looks like a great platform to build! Are those large bolt pattern rallyes on it?

x2
Except it looks like sbp rallyes with '72 center caps.

If I had to buy it from this one picture I'd say $3000.00( 2500 if it wasnt a commando/4speed). If it's an original PA car it could be swiss cheese underneath. The only way to buy a car where you have to make an offer is see it in person. I looked at a 68 FB a few months ago and every part on the car was there, but would need to be replaced, rebuilt, restored.Then there is the " who has F****d with it" variable.
Good luck with it.

These barn find early A's are hard to value. The parts are going to be worth much more than the whole car BUT it's a lot of work parting a car out to get those parts.
If it was a running & driving Formula S I would say up to $5000, but less with rust issues. Of course a really nice one might be a bit more.
If it's a real barn find then the fuel and brakes systems will need to be totally re-done including new gas tank and all brake lines. Then there might be a reason it was parked and neglected for so long like a major engine issue or the engine might not turn over. But even without any major rust or engine issues you'll be under water financially very quickly if you want to restore it.
What is it worth? I'd say a minimum of $1200 if it's a Formila S with all the special S parts including a complete 273 Commando engine, 4 sipped trans nd shifter.

I would guess USD 2500 to USD 3500 for the car but it is Worth more in parts!!:banghead:

Keep it if it's solid!

Keeps my fingers crossed for you!

hard to say without better pictures.

how bad are the floors and quarters?

Guarenteed yes..

I bought a 69 swinger from Arizona and it needed 1/4's and at a minum some floor repair for pinholing.

This thing is from PA and it has visible rust.

Edit: To answer the Op's ? Fair price 1500-5000. You'll have 30+ in it for a full resto or completion.

Untouched by human hands yet used as a mantel for wood, tools, storage boxes and rust. Umm and you haven't a clue if it runs and act as if this is a heavy duty collectors item going to Barrett Jackson... Offer a minimum of cash and a bible with a leather cover...

-
Back