people amaze me

-

superbee79

Reaction score
i listed a 340 block for sale and people think that i am going to sell it for 100 or $200 come on its a 340 wouldn't you be a little offended by that i could see if it was a 318 or a 360 that you can find in any junk yard. I seen a block on ebay that had a cylinder sleeved and it was bid over a thousand dollars before i stopped watching it. If i offered them 500 for their car because i didn't have a motor would they be as offended? when you got into mopars was ANYTHING about them cheap.

enough ranting hope i didn't offend anyone just tired of cheap people8)

is it only the block itself? $500 for a complete rebuildable short block maybe but not for just a block in my opinion. 340 is nothing special except to a numbers guy anyway. i'd take a 360 everyday over a 340.

What year and how much was you askin'??? The year makes a difference, to some people anyway. The earlier blocks had forged cranks, making them more desireable. Make sure you're comparing apples!!! Geof

Did you list a specific price, or just asked for offers? Can't really blame someone for offering what it's worth to him / her, if you didn't give a starting point. If that's the case, at least they bothered to make an offer. As a buyer, I have two prices for most things. One is the price I'm willing to pay for something I want or need at the time I want or need it. The second is a price I would pay for something I have NO use for, but would not pass up if cheap enough. I imagine others use this logic as well. I think the person who NEEDS that block (and is within pickup distance) hasn't found your ad yet.

Now if you stated a specific price, and got a ridiculous counter offer, then that's offensive.

I'll give you two pencils, a bent pushrod and a gummibear (it's kinda warm and has some pocket lint on it, but it's still good).

I agree with the bomber, and would add that at some point in time, we've all probably low balled on an item or two.

my fully dressed 340 with aluminum intake and 4 barrel was given to me WITH A RAMCHARGER and by the way 360s are getting kinda expensive and harder to find and remember asking never hurt nothing all you can do is say no

i sold 3 340 blocks dated 69 and 70 with 2 steel cranks last week for $500.00

and i slept very well that night.

........It all depends on supply and demand..........i've sold bare blocks from $150.00 up ......never for $500.00, but i can hope....kim........

you think 340s are nothing special you must not know very much about mopars at all the only time a 360 was even close to a 340 was in 73 when they lowered the compression.you know why people buy 360s they can't afford a 340. that is why i was selling it because the parts are not as cheap. when you get a 360 first thing you have to do is put in pistons because the dish ones i came out of the factory with give you like 8.8to 1 comp can you find me another 340 block for that money because if they are good blocks laying around for 1 or 200 dollars they need to be bought and used
once again not trying to offend anyone

You never put a specific price down so the buyer offers what he is willing to pay. He can't read your mind. This is where negotiation comes into play. Of course his first offer is going to be lowball but that is how the game is played. Often times people advertise on here to get rid of stuff they have no use for anymore so as a buyer you never know.

Did you list a specific price, or just asked for offers? Can't really blame someone for offering what it's worth to him / her, if you didn't give a starting point. If that's the case, at least they bothered to make an offer. As a buyer, I have two prices for most things. One is the price I'm willing to pay for something I want or need at the time I want or need it. The second is a price I would pay for something I have NO use for, but would not pass up if cheap enough. I imagine others use this logic as well. I think the person who NEEDS that block (and is within pickup distance) hasn't found your ad yet.

Now if you stated a specific price, and got a ridiculous counter offer, then that's offensive.
i the guy the price in a pm i said the specific price and that i would entertain reasonable offers by reasonable i wouldn't think you would offer someone less than half of what they are asking maybe i thought wrong

I recently sold a bare block to a fellow because it matched the S/N of his car. I let him set the price. I didn't do it for the money - I did it because he's a numbers guy and it helps him out. His offer from his viewpoint was fair considering it will probably cost twice what he offered me just to ship it. I coulda stuck him and he probably would have paid, but where's the kharma in that? You want to price something fairly taking into considerstion your product, how much you paid for it, the time and effort involved, and perhaps whether or not you'll have to replace it in the forseeable future.
Pricing is always set by the consumer - if they don't buy your product, the price is too high.
I don't sell a lot of stuff, but I do buy, and if the price doesn't work for me I just keep looking..........and yeah..... there are always idiot low ballers in any sale - just cross them off your list and move on to the next guy.
Daryl

as a buyer everyone tries to get what they want for as little as possible i respect that why pay 500$ for a 340 block if you can try and get it for 300$ and it works RIGHT ON !!
no ??

Yes im cheap bast******** for me if the build can cost just only 1000$ dollars less wtf why not ....

You never put a specific price down so the buyer offers what he is willing to pay. He can't read your mind. This is where negotiation comes into play. Of course his first offer is going to be lowball but that is how the game is played. Often times people advertise on here to get rid of stuff they have no use for anymore so as a buyer you never know.

Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!! :cheers:

First of all, did you read the rules on selling items before you listed it? The rules state that you must have a price when listing an item for sale. If you would have done this, there would be no need for this stupid thread. :angry7: People amaze me too........

Add a price to your auction.

The last 340 block i sold i got $450.00 for it block and main caps only!!

I've seen lower, I've seen higher. But the average prices I've seen seems to be about the 3 to 400 range. Just saying....

I came on the site and saw this thread and saw that JR had the last post. I had to show up and see what JR had to say. Always interesting. For those of you that dont know, JR is a smart guy and amusing at the same time. Did i mention he likes BACON? Carry on.
Small Block

An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That is the long and short. Makes no difference if it is special, legendary, rare, or if the buyer "doesn't know very much about Mopars..." Also doesn't matter what people paid in the past.

Good luck with the sale.

If someone is willing to pay more because of that, then it's worth more.

Well, then it would be worth $3k, Mitchell would probably want your left nut too.

-
Back