Percolation? Heat soak? Don't drive during summer??

-
AWESOME!

Getting the trans to work right I think will take a proper pressure gauge. I'm not an expert on auto transmissions at all, not in any way, but when I was running my 904 I had a similar thing going on. The 1-2 was soft and sometimes I didn't even notice it shifted, but then it would bark into 3rd.

Might be a good idea to start a new thread in the transmission forum and ask for some guidance on fine tuning. I'm sure your local helper member can probably give some good guidance too!

Also, don't stress the mph on the shift, rpm will translate better to your modified stall and camshaft. Optimum shift points will depend on what your power curve looks like and rear end gear - but I don't think you're so far from stock to complete ignore the OEM recommendations.

Thats pretty much exactly what my car does... Ill mess around with it later this week and start another 25 page thread :welcome:

Well the coolant may have been more water than coolant before I flushed it today. When we did the break in we only used water in the engine (just in case any leaks). Then when i started fine tuning the trans I didnt do a perfect 50/50 split of coolant/water ratio. So today I fixed that.

It was also only 90 degrees outside tonight while driving, I kept my speeds up, and didn't stop as much. So probably a conglomerate of things contributing to having a cooler engine tonight.
FYI straight distilled water out performs 50/50 mix.
Ethelene glycol based coolant actually inhabits the system to cool.
For decades racing teams use water with an additive to stop corrosion in the cooling system.

For decades racing teams use water with an additive to stop corrosion in the cooling system.
distilled water with water wet additive

I think that's a little dangerous. How many people have had engine blocks or heads crack because that plain water froze? Yeah, maybe where you live it won't ever get that cold. But freakish stuff happens all the time.

I think that's a little dangerous. How many people have had engine blocks or heads crack because that plain water froze? Yeah, maybe where you live it won't ever get that cold. But freakish stuff happens all the time.
I think he's just pointing out the difference between Water and anti freeze cooling.
Nothing mention about running distilled water, although the OP possibly could considering his climate.
My reference was for our drag car recipe.

Don't think anyone was suggesting it, just pointing out that adding more glycol to his weak mix probably won't result in better cooling.

Luckily, fixing the coolant ratio is also not likely to hurt his cooling performance much since the car seems to run at the right temp on the highway.

Went for another drive today, 15-20 minutes of slow driving in the neighborhood. Only got to about 195 degrees and didn't stall.

The girls loved it, especially while we are jamming out to some Jojo Siwa while we drive.

20201002_172718.jpg

20201002_170014.jpg

-
Back