Performance indicator vacuum line

-

68original

Got bourbon?
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Where did the factory run the vacuum line through the firewall for performance indicator on 67-69 Barracudas? Anybody have pics?

Mine did not come with one from the factory, but I ran mine through the plastic plug above the master cylinder. You can see it in this close up, the hose is tucked up behind the washer bottle. There is another pic of the hose running over to a tap on the vacuum fitting on the back of the intake manifold.

Attachments

• IMG_1958.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3962.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 117
It goes through a rubber grommet near the master cylinder, as he said. It's the top one in this photo.

img_3666-jpg.1714832914

View attachment IMG_3666.jpg

Last edited:
Here's something to consider... Once the panel is installed you absolutely will not get a hand to the back of this instrument. If you should forget to connect that vacuum line, bad day. Not only did I purchase new vacuum tubing for the instrument install but I also bought white heat shrink tubing ( AMAZON ) and a white plastic butt connector ( any part store ). The heat shrink sleeves the black rubber tubing giving it an extra layer of protection and also makes it very easily seen. The plastic butt connector is approx' 6 inches away from the instrument nipple. We can get a hand to it.

Redfish - thanks for the heads up on that.
I've had my dash out many times (unfortunately), so I had enough sense to attach about 4 feet of vacuum line before installing the dash again. I hope this is the last time for a while anyways, it's hard being a contortionist at my age.

-
Back