Pertronix "ready to run" distributor

-
You could almost buy 6 Skip White "Ready to Run" distributors for that price, and there has been some issue's with Pertronics reliability of late.
Everyone I have seen mention the Skip White distributor was happy with it.

Just a FYI. :D

Both need an external coil so that part is a wash.

I had to turn my computer back on to amend this post.
If the Pertronics distributor has the Ignitor III in it that has rev limiting that would be a plus on it's side.

You could almost buy 6 Skip White "Ready to Run" distributors for that price, and there has been some issue's with Pertronics reliability of late.

If the Pertronics distributor has the Ignitor III in it that has rev limiting that would be a plus on it's side.

Thanks for the input! I checked out some feedback on Skip White's buisness and it seems all good. Prices are good and apparently his distributors are too. I don't like having to run an MSD or Mallory box though , had 2 go away on me awhile back and like simplicity! The Pertronix one has the lll.

I've had mine for at least 3 years. No problems. The rev limiter definitely works:burnout:

I'm hoping Pertronics ends up making an Ignitor III for the OE electronic distributors, but I bet they don't.
The OE electronic has too much other stuff involved and I don't think they feel it would be worth making since they sell a complete distributor.
I would like to get a III and see what it would take to mod the OE distributor to accept it though.

I have run one for a couple of years ... ONLY issue is that i needed to upgrade my voltage regulator to NAPA brand ...

This guy's pretty sharp,on ignition systems,seen his work ( & driven it..) in person. His setup may surprise you, and the actual parts are actually available daily,at the normal parts house.Just food,for thought..

This guy's pretty sharp,on ignition systems,seen his work ( & driven it..) in person. His setup may surprise you, and the actual parts are actually available daily,at the normal parts house.Just food,for thought..

Thanks for the compliment and mention there bomber. :D

Actually it's this guy, www.classichei.com (my alternate personality) :D

-
Back