Pet Peeves - Lets get complaining!

-
My pet peeve is poor communication skills. When I read a text, Email or posting on a forum that makes no sense at all, that drives me crazy. A complete lack of punctuation, capital letters, and poor grammar and spelling don't help either. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I am the grammar Nazi, I just don't like it when I am left scratching my head wondering, "What the heck did he mean?"

There are more and more people that are too "lazy" to type so they use voice to text. No punctuation and incorrect translation.

Don't get me wrong, if someone "has" to use it due to a disability, then okay.

We were (or our ancestors) all foreigners at one time. Cajuns still speak in French dialect. There are many people here in the US from other countries that speak their native language. It takes a while to learn to speak English or at least the English we speak. People from England say that we don't know how to speak English!

The english sound like us when they sing. It's only when they are too proper that they speak gobbledygook.

Car pet peeves:

* Bodywork: You think you've found and fixed every dent and ding....then with the shine of the fresh paint you find one or two that you missed.
* Every nut or bolt that you drop somehow finds the exact center of the underside of the car.
* Welding sheet metal without warping or burning through....

Assholes that toss Garbage and Cigarette Butts. Butts DON'T Bio- Degrade, Birds Eat em and choke, and even most the Broke Folks won't stop and collect beer cans. Please, take yer Trash w/ Ya!

Car pet peeves:

* Bodywork: You think you've found and fixed every dent and ding....then with the shine of the fresh paint you find one or two that you missed.
* Every nut or bolt that you drop somehow finds the exact center of the underside of the car.
* Welding sheet metal without warping or burning through....

The bodywork never bothered me, guide coats, lotsa guidecoats and block sanding. Use foamglass (fartblock) it gets the job done.
7/16 socket falling down on the engine, and somehow ******* getting stuck where you can't find it in the K member. That is some first class bullshit.
I r smart enough to move very slowly and deliberately when I have the manifold off... Just saying.

The bodywork never bothered me, guide coats, lotsa guidecoats and block sanding. Use foamglass (fartblock) it gets the job done.
7/16 socket falling down on the engine, and somehow ******* getting stuck where you can't find it in the K member. That is some first class bullshit.
I r smart enough to move very slowly and deliberately when I have the manifold off... Just saying.
Well, have ya dropped a 5/16" nut down a Holley, and sent it out the Pipes?

Not relevant to many, but being a musician this bugs me…..when you use lyric sheets, or your iPad, to sing a song, and you still screw up the words. Learn the damn song, it’s not that hard. I despise seeing someone hiding behind a book of lyrics, so much so that you can’t even see their face. What kind of entertainer is that?

There are more and more people that are too "lazy" to type so they use voice to text. No punctuation and incorrect translation.

Don't get me wrong, if someone "has" to use it due to a disability, then okay.

i try to use it from time to time
but then i proof read it, and spend more time fixing their mistakes then i would have taken if i typed the whole thing from the gitgo

Not relevant to many, but being a musician this bugs me…..when you use lyric sheets, or your iPad, to sing a song, and you still screw up the words. Learn the damn song, it’s not that hard. I despise seeing someone hiding behind a book of lyrics, so much so that you can’t even see their face. What kind of entertainer is that?

you should hear me sign hymns, i dont use a book but i mix em all up, put lines from one hymn with the tune of another and when i really get rocking, toss in a bar or two of house of the rising sun

my wife hates it

Drives me up a wall when someone referrers to their car as "SHE"

i try to use it from time to time
but then i proof read it, and spend more time fixing their mistakes then i would have taken if i typed the whole thing from the gitgo

you should hear me sign hymns, i dont use a book but i mix em all up, put lines from one hymn with the tune of another and when i really get rocking, toss in a bar or two of house of the rising sun

my wife hates it

I wanna sit next to you at church!

How about the jerk wads that go 80 in the left lane while I'm doing 70-75 in the right lane that expect me to take my cruise off and slow down as I approach a car in the right lane going 65 or under so they can continue on.... I call it the #mefirst movement.... Just because you want to go 15-20 over the limit doesn't mean I'm slowing down to let you by. Ride my ***... I go slower. Then the Jap made Yaris will blast your freshly washed Korean GMC with my blue washer fluid.

Going to the drag races very rarely with a 12 to 14 second car and getting paired up with a 10 second or faster car or motorcycle. Note: not test and tune

While in church and singing there is one person clapping/double clapping in the whole congregation and they are directly in front or behind you

-
Back