Petey the Peacock

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
We were afraid he was not going to show up when we fenced in the yard. Seen him perching on the fence posts and figured it was worth a try to feed him up there. He knows where to come and get some grub. Every now and then he will be in the yard when the dogs go out, they don't stand a chance catching him, he is fast and agile on his feet.....

Attachments

• IMG_3741 (Medium).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3743 (Medium).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 171
Hmmm,I wonder what peacock tastes like?

And yes Im talking about the bird,lol...

wow nice animal do these birds run wild where you live
No. They guy down by the lake had him as a pet, or so I am told. Now he just wanders around. He usually stays in a tree just outside of our property, if he is not in one of our trees. There is a second one on the other side of the lake that stops by now and then. My wife wants to get one as a pet, but the hounds are never going to allow it.

Glad your friend still comes around. It's surprising the way they can jump.

Kind of funny when the dogs spot him, He waits until they get within 10 feet of them and then runs at them, just veering off to the side. They turn and pursue him but are a steady losing pace until he gets near the fence or a tree he can roost in. Then he makes this cackling laughing sound and he is gone....

We had a "few" down the road from use and if you've never heard one screech you would be calling the cops thinking a young female was being murdered.It's such a bizzare sound,sounds just like a girl screaming.And they can get HIGH in a tree,the taller the better.

A friend offered me one for free but I don't think the neighbors would put up with the birds calls.

From the title, I thought that you were naming parts of your body... LOL!!!!

Nice looking bird!

He can be pretty loud. Every now & then we do not see him out in the yard. He will come over and stand in front of the screen door and announce his presence. Kind of funny watching him checking himself out in the chrome bumper of her truck. Think she changed her mind about getting one when he started using her truck as a perch....

-
Back