petty blue paint

-

dougman

Reaction score
I just got a 1973 duster and the color is petty blue and i want to repaint the same color.I really don't know much about paint.Does anyone know of TCP global i see two types which are Acrylic Lacquer and Acrylic Urethang can any one tell me what the differrent is in the paints?What one would be the better one to use?If anyone knows or has a set of rear sail panels let me know in need of a set.

First off its called Plymouth (Basin street blue) Dodge (Super blue) And Single stage urathane would be good to use. It buffs easy and has exellent UV protection compaired to acrylic enamal which has a tendancy to chalk up and fade over time.

Thanks for the info.Me and my son was going to go with a green but when we started to work on the car this blue really took us very nice color have to keep this color and you got a sweet car.

If the blue you want is non-metallic go with the urethane single as 4404spd recommends. If you go with a metallic color, base-coat/clear-coat is the route you want to go. Good hunting.

-
Back