Peyton Manning to Denver??

-
Oh, "He" beat Pittsburgh... right... LOL

The DC for pittsburgh needed his head examined for the game plan they ran against the broncos.

Here comes the clipboard...

Manning didn't even play in that game

im glad this thread has been civil. i really dont care where tebow goes. but i will be glad to hear a little less of his name.

I bet you are, I got tired of it when it was going on. I can't imagine the hype if you live in CO. Funny thing is, there was way more hype about him than Cam Newton. But Cam broke every record for a rookie QB. Go figure.

I bet you are, I got tired of it when it was going on. I can't imagine the hype if you live in CO. Funny thing is, there was way more hype about him than Cam Newton. But Cam broke every record for a rookie QB. Go figure.

Stop making sense...

Or Andy Dalton

I can't understand why Manning would go to a team that was building to be a running team. They really don't have great receivers. It's not a great fit for him or the Broncos... I think they might do ok. But in the end it will be a bust for Mannings superbowl hopes before he retires. He will still be one of the all time greats though.
Because, that's exactly how the Broncos won their Super Bowls with Elway. Remember he had Terrell Davis.

Super Bowl XXXII

"Elway finished the game with 12 out of 22 pass completions, for 123 yards and 1 interception" TD had 3 TD's

Super Bowl XXXIII

The Broncos' offense, under the leadership of Elway and running back Terrell Davis, had another outstanding regular season, ranking 2nd in the NFL with 501 points and gaining 6,276 yards (3rd in the league). Davis had one of the greatest seasons of any running back in NFL history, rushing for 2,008 yards, catching 25 passes for 217 yards, and scoring 23 touchdowns to earn him both the NFL Most Valuable Player Award and the NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award.

I am sure Elway reminded Peyton of all of this.

as stated by denver reps. there is no way on earth that the denver bronco organization would even consider spending 95 million dollars on a player whos health and ability to perform at 100% was remotely questionable. every member of denvers medical staff has had the opportunity to review mannings medical records, prognosis and results. medically , this guy has been picked apart from every aspect and has been given a 100% clean bill of health. manning did not even play the entire 2011 season due to his surgeries and rehabilitation. it will be interesting to see how all this plays out next season.

Would be nice to see all the -if's ands or buts in Mannings contract.You know they better protect him.I for one don't want to see a dead QB on the field.

Would be nice to see all the -if's ands or buts in Mannings contract.You know they better protect him.I for one don't want to see a dead QB on the field.

i can imagine that contract is 20 pages long and denver is accepting a huge responsibility when it comes to making sure he not going to get pounded on the field. this comes with a huge amount of pressure from both sides of this. this puts denver at a whole new level and while im not a denver fan, i would like to see something great come out of this. tebow is going to learn a lot about getting it done. this has been non-stop on the media for the last two weeks.

Kinda sucks that Denver just set Tebow to side, afterall. he got them to the playoffs.

I'm a huge Broncos fan and I'm pretty happy Manning is coming aboard, but at the same time not thrilled if Tebow is getting axed. Like Denny said stats aren't everything. We did make it to the second round of the playoffs. The kid could barely throw a ball to save his life at times, but the fun part was you never knew what was going to happen,,,AND neither did the defense. If we had a defense to keep the other team from putting up points I think we could have come closer to the Super Bowl.
So my understanding now is no focus on a so-so defense and build on Mannings offense,,,,problem is one friggin sack and his neck hurts,,,then what?! Passing a physical and enduring punishment in a game are 2 different things!
I would have liked to see Tebow on back up untill Manning can at least prove he's back. And for $90million he sure as hell better be. I'm happy he may draw some other free agents that wouldn't have likely looked at Denver before as an option.
GO BRONCOS!!!

Ive been a Baltinore Colts fan since 1970. Maybe its time I realize they are in Indy and Manning will no longer be there. That Denver uniform is gonna be tough to watch Manning in. Oh and yes poor Tebow.

Kinda sucks that Denver just set Tebow to side, afterall. he got them to the playoffs.
I agree with you on this one!!!!However coming in second only means that you are the first loser.Hmmmmmmm-first loser,who would that be ?????

I'd take Tim Tebow here in Philly in a heartbeat! Andy Reid could definitely help him develope & he has a great attitude. I think it would be a good match.

I'd take Tim Tebow here in Philly in a heartbeat! Andy Reid could definitely help him develope & he has a great attitude. I think it would be a good match.

only way i would want to see him in philly is as a back up running back or a wild cat piece and thats it. eagles have already had too many qb's ( mcnabb and vick) that hold the damn ball way too long.

manning will make denvers O line look a lot better because of how fast he gets rid of the ball. he pretty much knows where he is going with the ball when he makes his pre snap reads.

if manning can get him some real receivers and a good offensive line , they could be dangerous this year.

According to Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post, Manning will make $18 million in 2012 with no injury protection. If he passes a March 2013 physical, guarantees of $20 million will activate for 2013 and 2014, with an undisclosed injury waiver.

if manning can get him some real receivers and a good offensive line , they could be dangerous this year.

Problem with that is, it's like saying if we get a whole new team to fit with Manning and his style they could be awesome. That's something that would take a couple of years to do right, which Manning barely has...

only way i would want to see him in philly is as a back up running back or a wild cat piece and thats it. eagles have already had too many qb's ( mcnabb and vick) that hold the damn ball way too long.

manning will make denvers O line look a lot better because of how fast he gets rid of the ball. he pretty much knows where he is going with the ball when he makes his pre snap reads.

I agree, but I think Reid could break him of that & help w/ his throwing motion. Michael Vick was nothing but a tuck it & run QB when he was at Atlanta but has come a loooong way under Reid & Mohrnhinweg(sp?).

I'm not saying start Tebow, but I wouldn't mind seeing what could happen.

Got to be better than Vince Young!..

Should be interesting, if Manning stays healthy he's still as good as it gets. Nothing against Tebow but it looked like he was winning with smoke and mirrors, or a wing and a prayer if you prefer. Unless he learns to pass often and accurately he'll keep reliving the horror the Pats imparted on him, over and over no matter where he ends up. Staying with the Broncos and learning from Manning would be the best bet for him I would think.

I agree, but I think Reid could break him of that & help w/ his throwing motion. Michael Vick was nothing but a tuck it & run QB when he was at Atlanta but has come a loooong way under Reid & Mohrnhinweg(sp?).

I'm not saying start Tebow, but I wouldn't mind seeing what could happen.

Got to be better than Vince Young!..

Vick still had pretty decent mechanics something Tebow doesnt have. Not to mention Vick has one of the better long balls in the league. I doubt the Eagles will be intrested after last year they dont need another distraction. Tebow is going to go some where that needs to but butts in the seats. The guy is all heart something you cant coach and has that winning attitude but that only goes so far.

"winning attitude but that only goes so far."

Looks to me like it gets you past the Wild Card round and into the Divisional Playoffs. As a Dolphins' fan, I'll take it! We haven't had that here in a LONG time! Send me a QB with winning attitude, please, Lord! :angel11: (and I DON't mean David Garrad!)

"winning attitude but that only goes so far."

Looks to me like it gets you past the Wild Card round and into the Divisional Playoffs. As a Dolphins' fan, I'll take it! We haven't had that here in a LONG time! Send me a QB with winning attitude, please, Lord! :angel11: (and I DON't mean David Garrad!)

Now there is a new set of problems all together. But Ireland needs to go like last season. While it is true that a sub par QB great D's can get you a Super Bowl 01' Ravens and the 03' Bucs are proof of that.

-
Back