PG Classics Dash Bezel - just received from China!

-
Good eye Matt, unfortunately. :(
Jimharvard I hate to burst your bubble since it is a good looking part, but I think your gonna have a problem with that dash bezel you just bought if you bought it for a 69 barracuda. Theres no hazard switch hole moulded in your new bezel above the headlight switch. You have in your pic a 1970 bezel. 1970 is where they moved the hazard switch to the steering column but still had a thumbwheel radio. This bezel is correct for 1970 340 duster.

Jimharvard I hate to burst your bubble since it is a good looking part, but I think your gonna have a problem with that dash bezel you just bought if you bought it for a 69 barracuda. Theres no hazard switch hole moulded in your new bezel above the headlight switch. You have in your pic a 1970 bezel. 1970 is where they moved the hazard switch to the steering column but still had a thumbwheel radio. This bezel is correct for 1970 340 duster.

Matt, you are right and that's shy I couldn't find the black/woodgrain we've talked about a few times. PG didn't seem to show it for a 69 Barracuda, so I went with the woodgrain top and silver bottom. I though I kept missing it on their site, but I really think it wasn't shown, because you know that's what I was trying to find to make mine "correct" I figured with the drop in price I could get the bottom wrapped and woodgrain didn't look like the factory walnut, I was going to order them (dash and console) from DMT.
Good catch Sensai,
Grasshopper
AND now I gotta hit the bed.

I went with a www.MrMoparts.com 69 non A/C non woodgrain dash bezel, I just bought. Going to sell the new 69 A/C and woodgrain bezel I currently have. I didnt have the nerve to mod it into a non A/C bezel and take a chance I might damage it, so i bought a non A/C bezel. These were discounted so after the discount it was $626 shipped basically the discount ate up the shipping and sales tax.

Screenshot_20201203-231746_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
The nice thing about the aftermarket repops is they actually copper plate and then chrome the plastic like how modern pickup truck plastic grilles are plated. This will last much much longer than the vacuum metalizing process that GCar, MrGs and the factory used.

If any of you have GCar, MrGs, or NOS be very careful of ammonia based windex type window cleaners. These will strip the vacuum metalized "chrome plating" right off the plastic and leave bare plastic spots etc.

BTW, I just couldent do the PG classic stuff. Their too good to be true deals, are just that in most cases. Too good to be true. I have gone back n forth with them on parts that were flawed. And not minor flaws either. They tried to make good on it and did in every case except 1 after going back n forth, but I just got tired of having to run to UPS with a return cable and customs forms to keep shipping stuff back that wasnt right.

The last straw was the 69 barracuda reverse bezels. One had horrible chrome like the raw casting wasnt buffed smooth before the plating process. I sent the pair back, and several times they kept sending me a pair of LH bezels instead of a LH and a RH bezel. I even called, took pix of the old ones to explain. Finally I gave up and sent the last set back that still had 2 LH bezels, and asked to recredit my card. Never been back since. I am hoping y'all have better luck than me.

Last edited:
Jimharvard I hate to burst your bubble since it is a good looking part, but I think your gonna have a problem with that dash bezel you just bought if you bought it for a 69 barracuda. Theres no hazard switch hole moulded in your new bezel above the headlight switch. You have in your picture a 1970 bezel. 1970 is where they moved the hazard switch to the steering column but still had a thumbwheel radio. This bezel is correct for 1970 340 duster. I just purchased a 1969 barracuda non A/C non wood grained bezel with glovebox trim from www.MrMoparts.com. I bought the correct upper wood trim from DMT to jazz it up a bit. I had a few bad dealings with PG classic and no matter how inexpensive they are and great deals they offer, I wont bite again. Had to send too many things back with issues, and go back n forth. Not worth the headache to me honestly. I will pay a little more and get it from somewhere else.

WOW!! moparmat2000 - you haven't just "burst my bubble" - you have ruined my night!!

i took a close look at the picture of my original dash and the new dash bezel i just received and you are absolutely correct - there is NO flasher switch hole in the new dash i just purchased!! and just to make sure the dash i removed from my 69 Cuda was not somehow "switched", i went to my hundreds of reference photos and looked at probably 10 other 69 Barracuda dash assemblies and every one of them have the flasher switch hole just as it appears in my original dash.

sooooooo .... now instead of working on my car tomorrow with this "beautiful" new dash, i have to order ANOTHER dash from someone.

i tried to get on mrmoparts site, however, it appears he has gone out of business as that website no longer exists. so it looks like i'm back to having to buy a regular black and silver dash bezel from one of the vendors that have them and then paint the bottom dash panel flat black and add the woodgrain. i did purchase tonight the woodgrain from Detroit Muscle Technologies that IMFURYS mentioned in this thread. so at least i have the woodgrain applique. but now i have to shell out another $700 bucks for another dash!!! yes, mopars are SO much fun to own and restore!!

thank you for pointing out my mistake. i will try to sell the dash i have and take a hit on it.

Sorry man didnt mean to, just didn't want you to get all assemblin and figure it out after you put it together. All 67, 68, 69 rallye dashes have the hazard switch in the dash. 70 up it went in the column. You must have got tunnel vision for that black paint. I will mask off the one coming for my sons car, and hit it with rustoleum flat black.

I got a 69 A/C rallye bezel I'll sell ya .

Last edited:
Sorry man didnt mean to, just didn't want tou to get all assemblin and figure it out after you put it together. All 67, 68, 69 rallye dashes have the hazard switch in the dash. 70 up it went in the column. You must have got tunnel vision for that black paint. I will mask off the one coming for my sons car, and hit it with rustoleum flat black.

I got a 69 A/C rallye bezel I'll sell ya .

yea, i know it's not fun to be the bearer of bad news... i think you and i talked about your A/C dash and i didn't want to try and modify it to a non-A/C dash for fear of messing it up. i just bought another one - the correct one - from Herbsparts.com for $675.00 total. they had one in stock. i already ordered the woodgrain applique and i'll have to paint the noted lower dash bezel the flat black like you're doing.

look for pics of my "new" and WRONG dash bezel "for sale" here on FABO...

Jimharvard its www.MrMoparts.net it's all there. My bezels are being shipped

i went to the mrmoparts site - i had been using .com instead of .net. he has the best price of everyone for the dash bezel. just for comparison, here's what i found was the total cost of a 69 rally dash bezel including shipping and tax (to Pittsburgh, PA) from the following vendors:

YearOne: $846.02
PGClassic $763.00
ClassicIndustries: $730.57
Herbsparts: $675.40
Moparplus: $698.00

Mrmoparts.net $637.36

i'm going to buy another bezel off of mrmoparts tomorrow...

buying restoration parts is a pain in the *** sometimes.

hey 4spdragtop...

no not for the M-Code, actually this is for my 69 383 4 sp car that has now taken priority over the M car. the 383 car is the one i've posted pics of installing the borgeson power steering box and the mopar mini-starter. i kind of "rediscovered" this car after i moved it over from my house to my other garage with the other three cars. i had forgotten how cool this car was and all the options it had on it - not to mention the fact that it is a 383, 4 speed with a 3:91 rear gear. i think it will be a fun car to drive this summer and it requires less work than the M car. i walk past the future 440 car every time i go into my garage. i am going to drop the 440 hp block off at NAPA and get started on getting the M car's motor built. then, hopefully - when i quit playing with the 383 car, i can devote all my time to the M car. i love being retired! i just sit around and think about what "car" to work on next. LOL! here's the dash that is being up-graded with the noted new bezel.

View attachment 1715641688

Nice , but I think I`d disinfect anything from china these days , stuff coming from china has influenced my buying habits.

PG should take it back as it was, apparently, incorrectly advertised for your '69. He's usually pretty good to deal with in that regard with incorrect or defects, just sometimes takes a lot of emails to get him moving.

It was not listed for a 69. PG correctly listed it as 1970 only. Jim got tunnel vision on the black color on the bottom edge. I can def see how that can happen. I almost did that myself

Screenshot_20201204-094749_Samsung Internet.jpg

UPDATE on my $600 "mistake."

i called PGClassic today. they're in Canada and "talk funny." i explained my mistake in getting the wrong year dash for my Barracuda and they said "no problem, just send your dash bezel back and we will exchange it for the right one you need." i asked if there would be any additional charges and they said "no."

so it looks like the only money i'm going to be out will be some shipping costs to Canada.

i'll post the final outcome of my "drama."

i called PGClassic today. they're in Canada and "talk funny." i explained my mistake in getting the wrong year dash for my Barracuda and they said "no problem, just send your dash bezel back and we will exchange it for the right one you need." i asked if there would be any additional charges and they said "no."

so it looks like the only money i'm going to be out will be some shipping costs to Canada.

Told ya they'd take care of you! And BTW.. it's not US that talk funny! :canada:

Naw, y'all northern folk talk funny lol. Us southern folk talk proper. At least y'all got the Calgary Stampede. Now that looks like some fun.

They talk funny because they’re Chinese. At least Peter and his Mom, who I believe is the one who answers the phone, if she’s still there.

At one time I would have said... If the reproduction 69 bezel will have that extra cigarette lighter hole, I would rather keep the 70 bezel and put the flasher switch down by the map light switch. Too many bezels have been scared by hot lighters.
People use the lighter wells for phone chargers, etc... today and may want that feature.

Naw, y'all northern folk talk funny lol. Us southern folk talk proper. At least y'all got the Calgary Stampede. Now that looks like some fun.
I'm proud of my strong Canadian accent!
And I live aboot 2 hours south of Calgary, but I have never been to the Calgary Stampede.
I watch it on T.V., it's a lot cheaper and I can save the money for more car parts........
lol

I'm proud of my strong Canadian accent!
And I live aboot 2 hours south of Calgary, but I have never been to the Calgary Stampede.
I watch it on T.V., it's a lot cheaper and I can save the money for more car parts........
lol
Kinda like the Rattlesnake roundup in nearby Sweetwater Tx. I been there once, had deep fried rattlesnake, got the tee shirt blah blah blah. It's a once a year tourist trap lol.

Kinda like the Rattlesnake roundup in nearby Sweetwater Tx. I been there once, had deep fried rattlesnake, got the tee shirt blah blah blah. It's a once a year tourist trap lol.

i grew up on a farm in W.Va. - I HATE SNAKES!! those are the ONLY animals i can kill with no thought at all...

Link to gcar Home

thank you for the link to GCAR the plastic chrome restoration guys.

their work looks very nice on the website. however, they want $435.00 to restore a 67-69 dash bezel and $95.00 to do the glove box piece. if you figure shipping of your old piece to them and then shipping back, you're getting close to the $599.00 PGClassic is selling the reproduction unit for which includes the glove box piece. now, the advantage to the GCAR route would be that you have a brand new OEM "Mopar" dash bezel and not the chinese reproduction.

has anyone compared the quality of restoration of a GCAR barracuda bezel to a new one from one of the vendors? that would be a bit of information that would be of interest to me.

-
Back