PG Classics problems?

-

thsalmon

Reaction score
I've just had an awful experience dealing with a PG Classics order. Anyone else had a bad experience with them?

Not with them but with BofA....keep in mind it was a while back.....but they hit me up with a fee for using my debt card....fee was about 25% of the bill.....claimed it was to cover the currency exchange difference....what they charged was over 3x what it actually was...

Great. I just ordered from them. I hope it goes fine. I will let you know if it doesn't.

I would stay away from them....China made garbage.

My buddy bought stuff from there, it was junk after 1 year...chrome pitted mirrors with plastic instead of glass......china made cheap junk.

None of my credit cards would clear a transaction with them. Too much fraud in Canada or possibly with them apparently. The transaction wouldn't even go thorough on their Amazon store. I had to use Paypal's "pay it later" service to get any transaction with them to go through at all.

An item was not included in their untraceable shipment from China. I thought for months that it was back-ordered, and I waited and waited. After not responding to numerous phone calls, and putting me off several times, they basically asked me to prove to them the weight of their shipment from China months ago. In the end, they basically told me I didn't know how to unpack a box, and that there was nothing they could do.

Their website is worthless. Don't even try to get a response from them that way. Do not believe them if they say they will contact you or email you with a response to a question.

My advice: If you absolutely have to have to get some of their repops, buy from a dealer of their parts who might have some leverage on them.

Just a report of my personal experience. Your results may vary.

Not 1st hand, but lotsa complaints on here about there chrome stuff and customer "service".....wunner how many pages long this will get?? LOL

Hi
I ordered a number of items with out an issue. I did order a few items for a buddy of mine 69 Barracuda, Dash, seat covers, misc small items. The dash was looking good, but was a 69 with 67 style wood grain on it? The fitment was a little off and needed adjustment. Still, we did manage to talk to them and solve the issue. The dash went in looks great and the seat covers were great. Another friend bought mirrors for his B Body, they flopped around, the fix was to break the mirror glass tighten the screw then replace the glass....that sucked! So, I guess its a hit and miss with product and customer service. China crap, yes but most if not all is made there by likely the same maker. There cannot be that many people repoing these parts its just not cost effective and the market is limited.

Tried to buy 2 of their dash bezel kits. After 3 calls and them not being able to take my card I just gave up. It was the same security problem as mentioned above.
Honestly at the time I felt as if the girl on the other end of the phone must have been answering calls for minimum wage and really didn't care if she sold any parts or not.
I would not have wanted to have to call her with a problem with a part. Get nowhere conversation and waste of time.
I figure I will be better off rechroming originals now.
Good idea for a post, I never thought to mention but this info needs to be available.

I quit posting about these guys a while back.seems a bunch of guys like the cheap way out.Caveat Emptor!!!!!!

Not with them but with BofA....keep in mind it was a while back.....but they hit me up with a fee for using my debt card....fee was about 25% of the bill.....claimed it was to cover the currency exchange difference....what they charged was over 3x what it actually was...

I think he meant "B E and A" they are PG's US affiliate. Exact same stuff

I thought he was talking about Bank of America messing around with extra fees.

I had a problem with Classic Industries. I know that they're an advertiser on this forum. From what I've seen, I really like the quality of the parts I've received from them. But, I ordered a pair of '68 Barracuda parking lamp lenses from them and they sent me a pair of '68 Barracuda tail light lenses by mistake.

View attachment 16.JPGView attachment 17.JPG (current prices)

Most people might have been thrilled by the mistake because the rear lenses were worth $231 more than the front ones. I didn't have any use for them. When I called them back to inform them of the mistake I was told to mail them back to them (my cost) and they would send me the ones for the front. They would not send me the ones that I had ordered until they received the tail light lenses. I was in a rush to get the pieces I'd ordered because I wanted to take my '67 to one of the car shows. I didn't have the time to wait for things to be shipped back and forth. - And I didn't feel that I should have had to have paid the return shipping. So I ordered another pair of front lenses from them instead.

To recoup my money that I'd paid when I'd gotten the tail lights, I posted them for sale here on FABO for their cost plus shipping to me plus shipping to the new buyer. I got my money back and the new purchaser saved over $150.

But I do have to say that the quality of the parts was great. - And I would definitely order from them again. But they could use some work on their customer service.

To recoup my money that I'd paid when I'd gotten the tail lights, I posted them for sale here on FABO for their cost plus shipping to me plus shipping to the new buyer. I got my money back and the new purchaser saved over $150.

And thank you very much. I installed them on the nice used tailight housings I have and they are ready to go on the car once repainted. They are going to be used on my car and enjoyed, not resold.

And thank you very much. I installed them on the nice used tailight housings I have and they are ready to go on the car once repainted. They are going to be used on my car and enjoyed, not resold.

Thanks autoxcuda. Hey, I'm glad they found a good home. I wasn't trying to 'rip off' Classic Industries when I resold them. - Didn't think it would have been right to have made a profit on their mistake. I just wanted all of my money back. I'm still looking forward to seeing pics.

I think he meant "B E and A" they are PG's US affiliate. Exact same stuff

I have dealt with BE&A a few times and was very happy with the parts and customer service. Also, they (BE&A) come very highly recommended by members of other boards.

I have heard very few positive remarks for those dealing with Classic Industries and personally, will never buy from them. My advice is if you live in the states and need repoped parts, use BE&A rather than Classic.

I have dealt with BE&A a few times and was very happy with the parts and customer service. Also, they (BE&A) come very highly recommended by members of other boards.

I have heard very few positive remarks for those dealing with Classic Industries and personally, will never buy from them. My advice is if you live in the states and need repoped parts, use BE&A rather than Classic.

x2 plus Herb sell a lot of the same stuff.

BE&A and Herbs

..i purchased a dash bezel set for my '69 Dart and it lines up perfect,unlike my originals which are not even close.I think they improved them,because i haven't seen many originals that fit properly.
..Something to think about if your getting yours re-chromed

..i purchased a dash bezel set for my '69 Dart and it lines up perfect,unlike my originals which are not even close.

Exactly the opposite of what I've heard. I hope you're right because I need to order them soon. Where did you get them?(BE&A or PG?) Did you get the ones with black paint around the gauges or chrome around the gauges? BE&A shows the black one and PG shows the chrome one.

I would stay away from them....China made garbage.

My buddy bought stuff from there, it was junk after 1 year...chrome pitted mirrors with plastic instead of glass......china made cheap junk.

x2...door handles with knobs that popped off first time i tried them. They made me send them the part so they could determine if it was warrantied then they sent it back and said no. So they screwed me twice.

Lost me for life.

BE&A for me. Prices were the same, and the shipping was actually cheaper! Plus, when you call, you get Mike himself, a great guy to chat Mopar with.

Exactly the opposite of what I've heard. I hope you're right because I need to order them soon. Where did you get them?(BE&A or PG?) Did you get the ones with black paint around the gauges or chrome around the gauges? BE&A shows the black one and PG shows the chrome one.

PG Classics..just took a pic for you

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 383
-
Back