Phoenix Specialty Coatings Website Changes ... Whatcha Think???

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
The last few nights, I've been working on (hopefully!) making PSC's website more visually appealing / interesting / professional and less like a novel. Though I still have a couple pages left -- including the Home page -- to work on and test, I'd like some input from my FABO friends on what's been done so far. Suggestions are appreciated!!!

Oh yeah ... To celebrate PSC's new "Vendor" status here on FABO, I'm authorizing a 10% discount for members through the end of March 2008 too.

Thanks in advance for sharing your time with me and my website.

Wow! Someone's been busy.

Nice job Leanna. I'm thinking that you would have the slideshow as an option on your home page rather than an extended intro? Reason I ask is that I usually click the "skip" button when I visit a website and I see "intro loading" and would be a shame to miss this.

BTW, I noticed my alt in your intro, cool!

Looking real good Leanna, I can't find anything to add/delete/modify to make it any better.
Carry-on!

Hello Leanna.
Your site looks great!! slide show with the flames are very cool
But I think there is a spot for a /6 Offenhauser 4 bl intake in there!

20" long and 9"3/4 deep and 3" tall.
Can this be coated by you? or is it to large.

Pictures

122 037.jpg

122 039.jpg

Wow! Someone's been busy.

Nice job Leanna. I'm thinking that you would have the slideshow as an option on your home page rather than an extended intro? Reason I ask is that I usually click the "skip" button when I visit a website and I see "intro loading" and would be a shame to miss this.

BTW, I noticed my alt in your intro, cool!

Thank you!!!! Some of the new options my website host provider came up with are pretty cool (now that I've kinda figured out how to use it). You might've noticed you can even click on some of the display pictures and go to a related link. But there's still more work to do on it.

One of my bigggggg plans for the home page changes is to add more fun stuff ... I'd like to make the Introduction slideshow something new visitors can click on from the home page to give them an overview of what I do around here. I just haven't gotten that far yet. (Having to share the computer with an ebay / racingjunk.com addict like Billy can make life difficult sometimes LMAO!!!)

Thanks again.

I did not think there would be any reason to send the adapter plate and screws. What do you think leanna?

46.jpg

461.jpg

Mike, I enjoyed talking with you today. You're every bit as enjoyable on the phone as you are here in typing. You're right -- I do need some 6 cylinder parts in the Gallery layout.

Thank you for providing the measurements and pictures ... it makes my job a lot easier. I'm happy to report that I can take care of it for you for a price you can afford. We just need to discuss the color(s) you have in mind.

I can think of two reasons to coat your adapter plate and the heads on your hardware. First, it will keep them from rusting (and I'll blast them and clean em up with the intake), and secondly, they're going to look pretty dang well outta place and unattended once they're bolted back onto your freshly powder coated intake.

The adapter plate would be fabulous in a different color -- maybe the color of your block or the car's exterior, or the secondary color on your engine parts -- to draw the viewer's eye up and around your motor. If the adapter's been polished before, it might be a great candidate for a candy translucent instead ... http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings/WORK SAMPLE PHOTOS/IM004277.jpg.

Check out the Color Charts on the website and see what you like. The factory-type finishes are mainly in the "Metals" subfolder. If you're looking for something really distinctive -- especially on older, pitted metal -- look at the color names ending in "vein" and "river." Not that I'm suggesting your manifold is either old or pitted mind you ... they're just really cool textures to look at and tend to mask pits, and with one of those candy powders on top, your engine compartment will be the hit of the show.

Give me a call when you're ready Memike! As always, it's a pleasure dealing with you.

I will call you tomorrow, And not bother you on Sunday evening.8)
I like the Hilltop Granite:cheers: then a copper color on the adapter plate.
But I will get in touch with you on that thought tomorrow.
Thanks for your time,
And I totally enjoyed speaking with you today.:colors:

Mike : You need to sell me that / junk and go get you a real motor. How much?

Leanna: You say "more appealing". You tell that camera man to lower that camera lense about 4 more inches on that picture of you and things will be more appealing. You're doin good work girl.

You just missed one on ebay that sold for $175 counting shipping Small Block.
I will be hanging on to this one.:cheers:

DB, my pending deal is NOT with Jet Hot coating ... it's with another company called Performance Coatings who has been in business for over twenty years. (Not trying to be nitpicky here -- I just don't want anyone having the wrong idea about whose coatings I'm going to be using.)

All the details are still getting ironed out. As soon as I'm up and running on the ceramic header and manifold coatings, I'll make a separate announcement. Thanks for your interest!

In the meantime, what do you think of all the website changes??? I got all the rest of the site's pages updated over the weekend except for the home page, and I'll get to that as soon as I can.

Mike : You need to sell me that / junk and go get you a real motor. How much?

Leanna: You say "more appealing". You tell that camera man to lower that camera lense about 4 more inches on that picture of you and things will be more appealing. You're doin good work girl.

HAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now THAT was some funny chit right there!!!!

Hay Leanna!! got it boxed up:cheers: And when Treva gets home I will get her to do the mailing stickers for us.
You got the colors you and I picked out on a note pad we booth liked.
Lets keep it a secret until it is dun8)

Thanks for your great input and looking forward to seeing it on my table of other parts for this grand 170 /6 build.

Your the man!! Opps your the lady!! and thanks again.=P~

461.jpg

122 060.jpg

I agree moparman1! Mike, get some protection all the way around that piece. Those shippers are not known for treating things gently.

Jack

Wow! The new site is just what the doctor ordered. Very professional looking and easy to navigate.

Great job Leanna!!8)

Thanks guys! I'm delighted to hear it's easy to figure out and looks better. It makes all the hard work worth it. I just need to find the time to finish up the home page now. So many ideas and so little time .... but that's okay though. Because it means I'm powder coating FABO parts. :bootysha:

Mike, I'm glad to hear your parts will be on the way soon. But you should know in advance that I charge $200,000 an ounce for packing materials when I send stuff back to a customer that wasn't sufficiently packaged when it came to me.

Yes, of course I'm kidding! Had to kick ya back for callin' me the man. <duckin and runnin> I know I could get closer to the blasting cabinet if I didnt have these things in my way.

But the guys are right ... for shipping purposes, you want at LEAST three inches of collapsible material like packing peanuts, newspaper, those cool little air pillows from Summit and Jeg's boxes, or shredded paper surrounding whatever it is you're shipping anywhere. Remember the beginning of Ace Ventura? It's true! Those guys don't care what's in the box, and if they knew it was a rare old Mopart they'd be even more careless.

As far as keeping your results a secret, I want to share my personal policy with everyone for future reference. I don't show ANYBODY someone's parts -- either on my website Gallery or in any public forum -- until they have seen them for themselves, unless I get direct approval to do so from the customer. And rest assured, flattery and/or bribery will get you nowhere.

Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business. It'll be fabulous to have a hand in your infamous Valiant project. I'll do my best to do your intake and adapter plate proud.

As far as keeping your results a secret, I want to share my personal policy with everyone for future reference. I don't show ANYBODY someone's parts -- either on my website Gallery or in any public forum -- until they have seen them for themselves, unless I get direct approval to do so from the customer.

I'll vouch for this. Leanna was very adamant that I was happy with her work after it arrived AND that I OK'd her request that she use pictures of it on her web site.

And rest assured, flattery and/or bribery will get you nowhere.

Not so sure about this though....LOL!:-D

Here is the shipping pictures, 10lbs.

The first was not good for shipping just to take pictures.
If there is any one that thinks I should go with a bigger box let me know and not send it out this way.

Thanks for every one's help.
I am thinking about butting this box in another box.
I hope Leanna can help me here.

122 061.jpg

122 062.jpg

122 063.jpg

122 064.jpg

122 065.jpg

122 067.jpg

122 068.jpg

122 069.jpg

-
Back