Phone Scam

-

ddettloff

Reaction score
Well I came home today and listened to voice mail and had a call from Steve Martin ,great name for some one who could barley speak English.
Steve claimed to be with the US Treasury dept and was going to file legal action against me.
Well I know that this is pure BS so just for fun I called Steve back after a bad day I wanted to vent.
Steves number is 443-333-8061 some one answered and said Treasury dept I asked for their name and they responded whats your name didn't give it instead I responded whats your name ***** and you cant be from treasury or you would answer the phone and identify yourself when asked.
So for more fun went off with a series of f bombs and other various insults about their parents etc.
I tried to call the number back for more fun and they blocked my number WTF.
So if you have had a bad day give Steve Martin a call just for fun .
I hate people who try to prey on others.

HA, Steve martin ...that is funny...I would have asked where the rest of the three amigos were.

I highly doubt the US treasury would reach out to people via telephone with no prior notification or un-solicited contact.

Good reason to not have a phone. Back when I had a phone, I used to get a call for someone else who apparently didn't believe in paying his bills.

Its amazing what people do.

Attachments

• three-amigos2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 273
A compressed air horn does wonders for stopping them kind of calls to!

Jeff

Good reason to not have a phone. Back when I had a phone, I used to get a call for someone else who apparently didn't believe in paying his bills.

Its amazing what people do.

I had that problem
the first dozen times or so I was very polite but after a while I just got tired of it...so I came up with this routine
whenever they asked for someone who wasn't I would tell them they couldn't come to the phone because they were passed out drunk in the back yard

well, one day I get a phone call for Melissa and without even thinking about it I told em, yeah, shes here but she cant come to the phone right now, shes passed out drunk in the back yard

there was about a half a second of silence and then the guy just went berserk...apparently he didn't appreciate me letting his 14 year old daughter get drunk

I guess he had just dialed a wrong number because I hung up and he never called back :eek:ops:

Keep a 12 gauge and a blank shell handy. Provided you live in a country type setting. When these guys call, talk to them for a minute, and then say hang on someones at the door.

Act like your answering the door, stick the barrel out the door and touch off that BLANK round. When they ask "what was that", just say darn door to door salesman. :D

It works better for those annoying telemarketing calls, but hey.

I always like flipping the coin on them speak enough of a couple languages that it makes for an interesting conversation exspecialy if I have not taken some of my PTSD MEDS :blob: :blob:

This guy has a few CD's out on revenge on telemarketers. Here's a few of them....

[ame]http://youtu.be/mkdoogjic4I[/ame]

Here's a great one...

[ame]http://youtu.be/NhSKQ_Hq-V0[/ame]

Another classic:

[ame]http://youtu.be/oLnQXmkR3dI[/ame]

Here's one where he harasses telemarketers at a hotel for a telemarketing convention:

[ame]http://youtu.be/yTbOXWTOeDw[/ame]

Here's another one where he says that he's been kidnapped:

[ame]http://youtu.be/UGUMSyGgIzo[/ame]

so just for fun I called Steve back .

this might 'a been a less than intelligent move. I don't understand current phone laws, but there's language in there having to do with "you" have done business with them previous, makes it legal for them to call and harass you. In other words it negates your rights under the so called "don't call" nonsense. so it just might be that you are gonna start getting a lot more calls.

NEVER call or email scammers.

I had one earlier this year from the IRS wanting $1200 or they would press charges. Needless to say I didn't play along with them just told them I would turn this over to my uncle who is a Federal Marshall. End of that call. Then yesterday I got one from Microsoft Services wanting $250 to remove a virus that was infecting servers all over the midwest or they would terminate my internet. I told them I was A+ certified and an ex-programmer and I would know If I had a problem. Besides the local TV station had a report on this very scam. Told him if he calls again I was calling the Attorney General for Iowa. haven't heard from him since.I had a call blocker that was really good at avoiding calls unfortunately it broke and can't get a hold of the company (they were probably a scam company too)

I have asked them to please come by in PERSON< I have a free small piece of real estate I will give them. ( I just hope walking them down to the lime sink won't be a tipoff?

I had a call blocker that was really good at avoiding calls unfortunately it broke and can't get a hold of the company (they were probably a scam company too)

I loaned a friend $20,000 for plastic surgery. Now I don't know what he looks like.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

-
Back