photo editor??

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Happy New Year all. Hope every one is doing great and that your projects are comming along nice.

I need help. I need to start my resto thread but my pics are to large. the program i have is a POS and I can only crop the pics. IAnybody know of a program I can download? Free is always better. Thanks.

Microsoft Office Picture Manager is what I use. It's the one that came on both my computers so it was basically free, or I guess you could say it was already paid for. All I do is click edit pictures and then select compress pictures for web pages.

I use Paint which is in your accessory program file.(Start-programs-accessories-paint-stretch/skew) load a photo and use stretch/skew to reduce it. Save it as a reduced photo and download. Hope this helps. toolman

I use GIMP. It's free, available for either Microshaft or Linux users. '

Yup. Paint will work too. Google around, there are tutorials on how. Most programs allow you to scale the picture to a setting, and the other axis will follow. In other words, I scale the horizontal axis to either 800 or 600, and allow the vertical to follow suit.

Another way is to NOT post them here, but LINK them from here to your Flickr or Photobucket site, etc.

Hey all just trying to figure this out now. here is a test for the right size. please beer with me.

Attachments

• 000_0041.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 92
trying another size.

Attachments

• 000_0042a.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 80
FYI..... photobucket.com.... dont have to resize and get pretty much those same sizes of pics as you just posted. You just have to sign up for a free account, load pics to it.. then use the link it gives...

just another option for you.

-RPM

FYI..... photobucket.com.... dont have to resize and get pretty much those same sizes of pics as you just posted. You just have to sign up for a free account, load pics to it.. then use the link it gives...

just another option for you.

-RPM[/quote]

yea photobucket is fast easy and free.. resizes them for ya.

Picasa is free from Google but takes a little time to figure out. Pretty easy though.

-
Back