photo needed for fire wall a/c hoses location

-

22dog22

Reaction score
Hi, can/does anyone out there have a good photo of the area on the fire wall where the a/c hoses go thu for A NON-FACTORY A/C car , I am installing an under dash knee-knocker a/c unit and need to drill the holes for the a/c hoses to go thu the fire wall, I want to make sure I clear the dist. I will be running a 318 with the dist. at the back of the engine.

You didnt specify which car your working on but this is on my 71 Scamp. Look just above the coil and you will see 2 brass connections. That is as good as I can give you right now. Sorry I dont know how to make the pic any bigger.

View attachment image_5.jpg

Hi,

Sorry I have a 69 cuda, I think I can see what I need to see from your photo.

thanks

dave

There doesn't seem to be a standard location for non-factory a/c refrigerant tubes through the firewall. Since most used flexible tubing, the installers could go with what ever worked best for the shop and the tools available.

Don't forget to drill holes in the floor for the knee-knocker drain tubes. Otherwise you're going to get wet rugs and all that go along with it. lol Usually the Thermo King drains are on either side of the transmission hump. The Mark IV units I've run into used a single tube that was usually run though the transmission hump on the passenger side. I haven't run into a Mopar knee knocker unit, though they did make one. The factory a/c cars drained through a single tube in the firewall.

Hi I have a question how many vacuum lines do u have coming out of the firewall connecting to the vacuum resevior and going to the heater control valve Booz I have three vacuum lines coming out on my firewall on my 70 duster

And also can u send me some up close pics of how the vacuum lines are routed? Thanks

Hi I have a question how many vacuum lines do u have coming out of the firewall connecting to the vacuum resevior and going to the heater control valve Booz I have three vacuum lines coming out on my firewall on my 70 duster

This thread is about aftermarket units under the dash ( "knee knocker" ).
Those don't require vacuum lines.
Good luck to all

Ok but I just want to c where the vacuum hoses go in this picture can u send me a pic of those vacuum hoses of where they go?

Ok but I just want to c where the vacuum hoses go in this picture can u send me a pic of those vacuum hoses of where they go?

Hi, you need to start a separate thread and title it as such

-
Back