Photos :L.A. Plant 1964/1965 Line Workers

-

LH23H2R

Reaction score
Someone whom works at the L.A. Public Library's Archives dept sent me an email with attachments . These attachments are vintage late '64 / early '65 of the A-Body line in the Los Angeles plant !

These photos show :
- 273 mounted to its K-Member / brakes / suspension assembly ;
- Electrical testing (Q.C.) of a Valiant's dashboard's gauges ;
- Bodies dropping-onto K-member assemblies ;
- Finishing touches added to a Valiant ( or Dart maybe ) wagon ;
- Interior assembly of aforementioned wagon .

I'm going to see if I can load these pics -- or at least their link -- here .

I hope this works ...
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/DON%20HUGHES/My%20Documents/Downloads/Chrysler001.pdf

Since I'm still very green with all of this computer's functions , you're going to have to copy & pastethe link and add it to your address bar .

Thanks , and enjoy !
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/DON%20HUGHES/My%20Documents/Downloads/Chrysler001.pdf

The link(file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/DON%20HUGHES/My%20Documents/Downloads/Chrysler001.pdf) you posted is for the place you put the photos in your computer(that is your C drive), you will need to upload them for anybody to be able to see.

I have a '65 Valiant wagon from the LA plant and would love to see the pictures so you better hurry up on those computer skills! :D

They were embedded in a pdf file, lets see if this works......

Attachments

• la 1.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 296
  • la 2.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 300
  • la 3.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 281
So far so good, so more from Shoe;

Attachments

• la 4.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 281
  • la5.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 276
  • la 6.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 288
More;

Attachments

• la 9.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 285
  • la 8.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 281
  • la 7.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 297
The last three, thanks for sharing Shoe!

Attachments

• la 10.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 287
  • la 11.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 281
  • la 12.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 287
I missed rotating the second image, so here it is again;

Attachments

• la 2 spun.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 274
I missed rotating the second image, so here it is again;
thank's, neck was starting to hurt :wink:
my dad's old neighbor worked at that plant. retired in the mid 70's? stone def and cranky as as they come, bought my first mopar from him. 73' challenger 318' w/ rally pak.

thanks for the pics

Thanks much to Barry for properly loading these gems so that everyone could enjoy them :grin: .

Thanks to Christina Rice at the L.A. Public Library Archives for sharing her photos with me , so that I may share them with my fellow MoPar fans :angel11: .

So little is known about this plant ( 1932 - July 1971 ) ; I'm trying to gather as much info about it as I can .

I'm pleased that all of you have enjoyed these vintage pics 8-) .

I would love to see more.Say 69 year
you and me both ! I'd really like to see from '67 ( the only year that L.A. built 426 Hemi-powered cars ) , early '69 ( in colour , to see if the 340's they were installing were red or turquoise ) , and '71 .

My in depth search for L.A. plant info started with a photo which Barry
( Alaskan T/A ) shared with me via his Hamtramck Historical site : a photo of a seat tag which had the plant's address on it ( 5800 S. Eastern , Los Angeles ) .

Wow! Thanks for the memories. I had a chance as a young teen to tour this facility. If I'd only known then how invested I'd be in Mopars in later years.
Again, thanks for the pics and the memories!

Wow! Thanks for the memories. I had a chance as a young teen to tour this facility. If I'd only known then how invested I'd be in Mopars in later years.
Again, thanks for the pics and the memories!

My dad got a tour of it around 1956/7. He remembers them reworking cars of line making door adjustments.

Thanks! It's great to see those historical photos. I think the engine is a poly though....
Thansk again for sharing!

I think the engine is a poly though....
Thansk again for sharing!
I'll have to look again ... :D I just assumed that since the rest of the photos were of the "A" Body line , that the motor was a 273 ; the A's never received a Poly motor , but this could be a pic from the "B" Body line ...

Well , GrimReaper , I think you're right ! The exhaust manifolds give its heritage away ; and its heads / rocker covers look like Poly items .
This , again , was most-likely taken in the "B" Body line ( L.A. didn't build "C" nor "D" bodies ).

Good eye !

I really do wan't to thank you for the photos and don't want to be critical, but....isn't that a B body dash too? Still very cool, and thanks for the history!

-
Back