Photos of B-17 Memphis Belle

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Yeh, I know, should have gotten over there and shot it. I rode in one of the others a few years back. These are taken "in a rush" because you get little warning, "handheld" from my back yard. These are scaled to 800 X pixels.

Canon 7D, old beat up Canon 300mm F2.8L lens

Attachments

• _MG_7951cs800.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 194
  • _MG_7939cs800.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 178
  • _MG_7938cs800.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 170
  • _MG_7921cs800.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 170
I think there is something wrong with the way this website modifies photos. Those look out of focus to me, and do not, when displayed at 800X in my browser from a local folder. I'm gonna have to up load those to PBase and see if they are better. Also they are much much larger on my local browser at 800X

Downloading the photo I just posted displays "from the computer" same as it does here. But the ORIGINAL goes clear top to bottom of the browser window, must be at least 30% larger and appears much sharper.

I think there is something wrong with the way this website modifies photos. Those look out of focus to me, and do not, when displayed at 800X in my browser from a local folder. I'm gonna have to up load those to PBase and see if they are better. Also they are much much larger on my local browser at 800X

No, they look in focus on my iPad. Love those old WWII planes! Thanks for capturing them and sharing!

Yes, "from the hip". You cannot hear this thing from very far. It's a low low rumble. I have just enough time to tear out the back and grab the camera on the way out the door.

Here, try this............this is one of the originals as uploaded to Pbase

On my laptop, if I display this full size, the cockpit down in the lower right corner, and two engines are all you can "get on the screen"

http://m9.i.pbase.com/o9/45/1103245/1/155707219.HoO14tPL._MG_7921c.JPG

Well CRAP I cannot get the link to display. Here's the Pbase page

http://www.pbase.com/fourfortyroadrunner/image/155707219/original

A few more

http://www.pbase.com/fourfortyroadrunner/inbox

Pick one that has the suffix "cs800" which is what I use to mean "crop and scaled to 800X" You'll see that the link to Pbase displays MUCH larger at 800X than the very same photo here on FABO

Yeah, I just looked at it full screen and you have to scroll up/down-left/right to look at it all.

We get some of them overhead here from time to time. We have the Museum of Aviation down the road in Warner Robins at the base and they fly folks around in them. Always wanted to do it, but never in the budget. Nice pictures, Del. Thanks for sharin. Quit beatin yerself up, they look fine.

When I was living in Idaho Falls Idaho they had a air show and they were giving people rides in one of these beauties. Seeing that beast fly over my house was epically awesome

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Very cool. We see the Canadian Warplane Heritage's Avro Lancaster once in a while. Always makes me think of the sacrifices those guys made when I see it.

Steve

Very cool. We see the Canadian Warplane Heritage's Avro Lancaster once in a while. Always makes me think of the sacrifices those guys made when I see it.

Steve

How many Lanc's do you guys have up there? I used to know a radio amateur who did work on one they were restoring. He was always at the "hamfests" (flea markets) looking for WWII artifacts for the airplane

Just the one flying that I know about. I think there's another being restored as a static display that used to be on a pedestal display near Lakeshore Boulevard in Toronto. That one was too far gone to fly again.

Steve

Saw this one last summer at Tallimonk Air Museum in Oregon....In flying condition ....

Attachments

• IMG_0935a.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 110
67Dart273. That is one nice setup you got camera and beat up old 300 2.8. Lens could still get you a nice project for a swap. I will just stick with my old beat up 300 F4.

The sound of four of those big radials be throttled up is something that can not be properly explained. You must be there in person. Never get tired of helping with the one that comes to Denver in June. Even got a free ride about four years ago.

Love the sound of the 4 engine slury bombers that fly real low over my house heading out to a fire somewhere. I saw two just last week. They might have been headed out to California.
I don't know which old military aircraft they use for this though.

67Dart273. That is one nice setup you got camera and beat up old 300 2.8. Lens could still get you a nice project for a swap. I will just stick with my old beat up 300 F4.

LOL, this 300 2.8 has no IS and is so old, it was made before digital. It was made for the AF film cameras. When it was new, it cost something on the order of 5 K, and in good shape these still go for a couple and a half grand. The new "II" model with I.S. is nearly 7300 bucks through B&H

I bought this on CL for about 400 bucks. It "didn't focus right" according to the seller. At least he was honest. But the 7D has micro adjust in the menu, so you can offset the focus.

'S all I can do in my old age, LOL, to hang onto the thing

13_006.jpg

Attachments

• canon300.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 111
-
Back