Photos of V8 power steering hose setup?

-
Glad to help, I always get TRW and Federal mixed up lol. I actually had to zip tie it in place under the tray. The metal part in the middle of the hose was rattling against inner fender. Thankfully there were a couple factory holes there to use lol.

View attachment 1716308049
The original factory hoses had a foam hose on them. and were routed this way (under the battery tray)

Alan

Let us know how it works out. I'll be switching over to Saginaw later after the fall. My current hose is the same as 4spdragtops.

The original factory hoses had a foam hose on them. and were routed this way (under the battery tray)

Alan

Thanks for that. The one that came off may have been from a B body - I took a trip to a Mopar friend's place yesterday and he showed me a few that looked really close to what I had, but even he was stumped by what it was from.

While walking around looking at things I mentioned I would've to convert one of my Darts from Federal to Saginaw but the original brackets were hard to find and repops were expensive, not to mention the pump, and he pops open an old Dart door, picked up a Saginaw still in its brackets and said something like "take it if you can use it". I've met some really nice guys doing this car thing.

Let us know how it works out. I'll be switching over to Saginaw later after the fall. My current hose is the same as 4spdragtops.

I absolutely will! I think the parts come Thursday, but it may be the weekend before it's installed. It's my wife's Dart and she wants to be the one getting her hands dirty fixing it up. I'm going to be the technical consultant and gopher, which I'm stoked about!

Opps! My bad

Not a problem! I mean, I swear I've looked at every variant for A bodies in the last week, so I know how confusing it can be, especially when some sites list several options for each car and they are all a little different from each other. I can't believe there was that much difference between 318, 340, and 360, all with the same pump but had different hose numbers. I picked one that was most common and we will see what happens.

All that being said, there's a place in pass every day I go to work that makes custom hydraulic hoses, and I'm thinking that for the other Dart I'm going to mock up a hose template and have them make one that suits my needs. I'll just have to make sure to account for engine movement and stuff first.

I was thinking you could mock something up outta brake line. Put marks on the bl to show where the rubber should go. When they make it, only have them crimp one end so you can mock up/dbl chk fit at home before the final end being crimped.
Not a problem! I mean, I swear I've looked at every variant for A bodies in the last week, so I know how confusing it can be, especially when some sites list several options for each car and they are all a little different from each other. I can't believe there was that much difference between 318, 340, and 360, all with the same pump but had different hose numbers. I picked one that was most common and we will see what happens.

All that being said, there's a place in pass every day I go to work that makes custom hydraulic hoses, and I'm thinking that for the other Dart I'm going to mock up a hose template and have them make one that suits my needs. I'll just have to make sure to account for engine movement and stuff first.

I was thinking you could mock something up outta brake line. Put marks on the bl to show where the rubber should go. When they make it, only have them crimp one end so you can mock up/dbl chk fit at home before the final end being crimped.

EXACTLY! Except I don't have brake line but I do have soft copper and 10 gauge copper wire and fuel or vacuum line.

EXACTLY! Except I don't have brake line but I do have soft copper and 10 gauge copper wire and fuel or vacuum line.
Here are some from my 68 if it helps

7817263F-0F58-4B0E-A8B8-4F585E73B52C.jpeg

0D13925E-7D64-43ED-ACFF-CD6FA60AC529.jpeg

B2504218-D4A9-4F0D-9197-854985158767.jpeg

D0E6FBA0-A42F-4322-8170-B517DB8491DC.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you are over thinking this one. Go to O’Reilly & buy one for a Saginaw pump for your year car or earlier. If it doesn’t fit, return it. Just my opinion….

-
Back