PHOTOS OF YOUR 1st MOPAR

-
I bought my first Mopar from a substitute teacher in high school. It was a 65 Dart GT, 273, 4 spd, white with blue interior. I gave her 75 bucks for it. Her husband was into the Chrysler 300 letter cars and wouldn't let her carry her golden retrievers in the "good" car, so he bought her the Dart to haul the dogs. It took me a week to pull all of the yellow hair out of the carpet on the back of the front seats. This was in 1972. A guy in a Dodge van crossed the center line and hit me head on and totaled it.

I know you said first, but I'm puttin my first 3 in because they were all high school cars. I replaced the Dart with a 67 Cuda that had a blown engine. So I replaced it with the 273 out of the Dart. While I was at it I replaced the auto with the 4 spd out of the Dart to. I really love that red Cuda but when I got the chance to buy my 69 340 Swinger I had to let the fish go. I paid $700 for the Fish and $300 for the 340 Dart, Joe.

scan-1.jpg

scan0003-1.jpg

scan0015-1.jpg

scan0016.jpg
that red dart is bad ***

This is my first mopar. I bought it back in Feb. of 98. I was in 7th grade at the time. I had it as my everyday driver to school till i had my 95 dakota. But she is still the same car but with a different attitude.:thumblef:

Picture 038.jpg

13.JPG

The picture of your Barracuda is sweet!!! I love the scenery the beach the waves ahhh. That cold have been a promotional pic for Plymouth.

That's Ocean City, MD in 1973, on about 74th st. Now there are high rise condos all the way to Fenwick Island. I don't think you can see the beach from the highway from one end of OC to the other now, Joe.

My first car and the one that started my love of Dusters.

theduster.jpg

Bought this for 800.00 in 1980. One owner rare optioned car with hide aways. Dad made me sell it to pay for school .
Sold it to a guy for 1200.00 who decided to use it to rob liquer stores. The original owner saw it at a wreckers with the roof crushed (police chase).
Sad story.

cars2_0001.jpg

My first car .. bought in 1981 . ( with a slant six ) alot of "changes " since then !

8-3-09A.jpg

KP ..
Thanks , but mine is not anywhere nice as yours !! Was your car made into a 1:64 diecast ? I swear I have one like it someplace in my collection ...:cheers:

8-3-09B.jpg

My '67 Belvedere II, pic taken back in 1997 or so. Giant Plymouth decals on the side, dented front bumper and rear quarter but somehow not rusty. Warmed up 273 that smoked and burned oil like crazy, column shift auto, real nice Silver Special interior, spotty brakes. Miss is sometimes, don't know what happened to it.

'67-1.jpg

mine (sorry for the bad scans)

duster1.jpg

duster2.jpg

the 340 was built to the nuts (11:1 comp, single plane eddy with a 780 holley, a cam so lumpy it gave the idle every mopar fan knows and loves=P~, etc.), with a fully built 727 going to an 8 3/4 with 4.10s...

Here is the progress of my car the last of month.I have had the car since in high school ,always wanted a V8 .I bought a 74 dart swinger with a rebuilt 318 rebuilt transmision,front disc brakes, large bolt pattern, I installed the motor and trans today! I'm excited now! I'll post more pictures soon.
IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0948.jpg
IMG_0950.jpg
new318motor.jpg
IMG_0809.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg
dartdriversside-1.jpg
h
IMG_0507.jpg

my 63.. Still have it 20 years later..

in action Bremerton dragstrip around 94..
scan0001.jpg

Putting it back together started in april.. currently
savoy2.jpg

savoy1.jpg

wl this is my first mopar and i still got it lol (just got it) 1971 dart swinger in the process of being redone will be a 440 or 383 pro street
car.jpg

motor.jpg

vbpgimage.jpg

car.jpg

motor.jpg

vbpgimage.jpg

1969 Coronet 440, 318, automatic, 70,000 mile Mississippi car. A few dings but no rust. Bought in 1987.

100_2965 (Medium).JPG

My first (red) and second (tan), both 1974 Gold Dusters. Drove the tan (318) for a year but purchased as a heart donor for the red one (198/225) which I had for 8 years before it met up with a cottonwood tree thanks to the help of a 16 yr old Mustang driver. Sold to a Wyo Tech student in '90 or '91 in Laramie, Wyo. Would like to know if car is still out there.

bothdusters1small.jpg

It had 69 hood and grill (I knew no different then). Paid $650.00 in 1976. It had 60,000 miles on it and my mom thought it was worn out, lol. Stock 383 except for headers. 3:23's, single legger and 4 spd.

Here is mine back in the 95', I had just turned 16. I had no idea how hard those Rocket sbp wheels where to find until I got rid of them...
mydart.jpg

Here was my first Mopar....81 Plymouth Horizon.

Dont laugh.... I lovedt aht little car!

horizon01.jpg

horizon02.jpg

Unfortunately I no longer have any of the pictures of my 1st Mopar due to house fire last year wiping everything out but here is an image I found. Mine was torqouise Green. 2 Dr 383 Auto on Floor. Nice Ride. My last name is Monaco so it was appropriate that I owned it.

images.jpg

-
Back