Photoshop...

-
Thanks for the kind words! The Ramchargers was precisely the inspiration for the look.

I mostly do these sort of mock ups for my father’s b-body cars and, it took a little research to learn the lines and contours of the exterior on RustyRatRod’s ‘64.

Happy with how it turned out. I now have a base-line for the template so, if you want to see some other paint colors or etc... it’s just a few clicks away. For the Photoshop crowd, I’m using adjustment layers to change out a red paint scheme.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in all bright red. That was the other color choice. Actually the first.

Dang man. I am lovin both those reds. I think the little body was made for red.

I think it does remind of a rambler but I think that's a good thing.

So many old timers see a rambler as a negative, but maybe for my age group....i want a rambler!!! So any car that captures that essence of a rambler or AMC is a mega good thing and should be taken as a. positive.

I think your proposed paint scheme does look like an AMC American So that's bad *** and I'd go with it.

Its no different than people taking Fiat as a negative. Fiat is bringing back performance and giving the people what the people want So how is that bad. I think what fiat is doing should be seen as a company catering to what customers want. They knew people want power and not **** box French cars so they are delivering and then some.
@Princess Valiant, i think you would like this Rambler. I t was for sale, and i wanted it, but i have too many cars now. (And it wasn't cheap, LOL)

20180405_163511.jpg

20180405_163550.jpg

just came from Walmart for my weekly grocery run, of course this adult child has to still look at toys and i found this....... i thought of this thread and RRR.

20200816_203608.jpg

20200816_203625.jpg

I assume Matt is the painter??

Yes. He's my friend who lives right down the road. I helped him with mechanical work until the weather got too hot. I may go back when it cools back off.....IF my feet continue to improve.

The blue hood looks a little much. Maybe, have a blue stripe, the width of the 3 center stripes on the roof, going into a white hood scoop, would look more better.

Option b: Have the roof stripes go over the hood, and change the body line profile stripe from red to blue, and have a couple stars at the front or back.

Neat concept, regardless of my opinion.

The blue hood looks a little much. Maybe, have a blue stripe, the width of the 3 center stripes on the roof, going into a white hood scoop, would look more better.

Option b: Have the roof stripes go over the hood, and change the body line profile stripe from red to blue, and have a couple stars at the front or back.

Neat concept, regardless of my opinion.

I like the full blue hood.......but the blue is headed a little toward purple.....at least to my view. Maybe tone that down a tad........it's an idea is all and I think a good one. Once we get the colors right, I think it will look great.

Here's another version with more of a Navy blue body and white top w/ the Red Stripes. I don't see too many Navy Mopars, and really like the Dark Blue color.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner?

As bright a white as I can find. I think right now, Toyota has about the brightest white there is.
PPG base white is pure white, no coloring additives, it is so white, I cannot see to paint it, after the first coat.

Here's another version with more of a Navy blue body and white top w/ the Red Stripes. I don't see too many Navy Mopars, and really like the Dark Blue color.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner?

I like that one! You're just makin this too difficult. lol

I have a set of four Ansen slots. 14x7 rear and 14x6 front that will go on after the big block transplant.
Slots are so cool, just picked up another set, 2-15" and 2-14" and a A-body 4 speed yesterday from my buddy, have not even had time to take them out of the truck and look them over, but the price was really good.
I hope the wide 15" will fit under the Duster I bought a couple weeks ago.

This is the original red I wanted. It's called "Pull Me Over Red" Matt painted this car.

PULL ME OVER RED.jpg

-
Back