• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
what do you think is a better piston kb107 speed pro, sealed power

gonna be 2 valve relief

there are some kb 191 for sale on e bay right now cheap to much compression for me need to stay under 10to1

look under kb pistons for sale , used pistons

Nice post,nice poll. Like the Keith Blacks,decent quality piston.Used them in my 408. The Speed Pros(10 to 1,four valve reliefs).Best low buck piston,I have ever seen.175 horse nitrous hits,8500+ rpm. The pistons ,lived through 4 engine blocks/cranks.Guy, wouldn't spend for a deep sump.pan.

Race car and a regular to 6800?

Go with a forged slug. Read up on weight. Lighter the better.

X2.I am redoing a engine and hear is a cast piston that came out of it.
Race car and a regular to 6800?

Go with a forged slug. Read up on weight. Lighter the better.

Attachments

• 1362171464856.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 448
yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been in my dads 70 super bee with a stock bottom end 383 and a 4-speed. was in the car once when he missed the 2-3 shift with the nitrous going. pegged 10k. he let off grabbed 3rd and stepped back in it. that was 4 yrs ago. still runs hard.

I've got (as well as had) JE Pistons. Never an issue, not the least expensive ones out there, but not one issue ever with them

I'm running these forged aluminum Wisceco Professional series pistons(PN K 373A3) in my RB motor in excess of 7000 rpm with no issues. They are a bit pricey, but you know the old saying..

6800 with a 360, not an issue with 107's. They have gone 7500+.

Circle track 360, 7200 rpm all night long.... KB107s. Top ring clearance, proper engine temps are very important!! Forged would be a safer bet though.......

Mahle. None better. Period.

I've got Mahle's in my modified supercharged 3.8 Buick (Series II) with plasma moly rings. So far I only have about 185 miles on the powertrain, but haven't seen any oil usage, no noise...seems like a good product

Sealed Power and Speed pro are basically the same thing these days (as is TRW).

The KB should be OK, but things break more spectacularly as RPM increases.

post 15 many circle track engines every week, proper ring gap and temps in check...

I have seen #5 piston come through cylinders at 8000 on the recall with a stock 340 -5 and up blocks. On the one there was nothing left of the cylinder you could see right into the cam shaft. The block I use now is a resto same as R3 without extra head bolts. Spinning race blocks high the rod bolts are the first things to go. Mine is in need of new bolts ASAP they are 2 years old and 400 miles. It will also get a complete refresh with new valve springs, Keepers , valves, and lifters.

The shift light set a 8000. It hits 8100 to 8200 on the shift with my slow arm. The rev limit is set a 9000 . The 9300 was what it bounced to when I almost lost it in first. I had to stay in it and didn't have the nuts to shift second. But I kept the fenders and quarters on the car As you can see.

My son hates when I drive it. He even gets his butt up and trailers me close to shows now. So I leave it open headers. . I believe we are going to take compression out and add a single pro-charger this time. It will be a decision made by him. He's the one with the $$$. I just play with the toys:burnout::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I can't wait until the Demon's done 572 with twins. Right now they are getting the Top Fuel car motors ready at the shop. Dave at HTA knows what he is doing when it comes to motors. He has taught my son a lot since he works there. We are done with roundy round bumper car racing. The sprint car is gone. Its time to go straight and go fast.

Well now that I am done venting. There are alot of good pistons out there . Go forged and go light and don't go cheap. I used Diamond but I there are others.

Attachments

• DSCF0095.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 237
I have seen #5 piston come through cylinders at 8000 on the recall with a stock 340 -5 and up blocks. On the one there was nothing left of the cylinder you could see right into the cam shaft. The block I use now is a resto same as R3 without extra head bolts. Spinning race blocks high the rod bolts are the first things to go. Mine is in need of new bolts ASAP they are 2 years old and 400 miles. It will also get a complete refresh with new valve springs, Keepers , valves, and lifters.

The shift light set a 8000. It hits 8100 to 8200 on the shift with my slow arm. The rev limit is set a 9000 . The 9300 was what it bounced to when I almost lost it in first. I had to stay in it and didn't have the nuts to shift second. But I kept the fenders and quarters on the car As you can see.

My son hates when I drive it. He even gets his butt up and trailers me close to shows now. So I leave it open headers. . I believe we are going to take compression out and add a single pro-charger this time. It will be a decision made by him. He's the one with the $$$. I just play with the toys:burnout::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I can't wait until the Demon's done 572 with twins. Right now they are getting the Top Fuel car motors ready at the shop. Dave at HTA knows what he is doing when it comes to motors. He has taught my son a lot since he works there. We are done with roundy round bumper car racing. The sprint car is gone. Its time to go straight and go fast.

Well now that I am done venting. There are alot of good pistons out there . Go forged and go light and don't go cheap. I used Diamond but I there are others.

:worthles:

I LOVE carnage pictures.:D

Sorry its off topic, but oldmanmopars orange duster is just BAD-***!!!

this is a replacment build for my 340 that was to be a stroker last august life kiked me in the balls satin jumped in my heart and i pegged 360 on the rev limiter before the doctor got the shunt put in he still dont know how im alive hesaid most hearts explode at 310if they make it that far so now its build a cheaper 360 and let 340 sit untill it can get done right again stroker this time eagle short block from i would like the ross pistons but cant afford it and doctor bills right now i was told that hyperutic pistons would be ok for short runs and are the speed pro were better than the keith black both 2 valve relief and should spin just fine with a 360 .030 over rhs heads 2.02 750 to 1050 holley dp vac seconds comp cams 228 and a cast crank for now my 65 barracuda with the 340 was all forged j 2.02 heads 650 dp727 with 3:91 was a fun toy just wanted to run in the 10s before i go so if i get to build 1 more it will be stroked 13 to 1 comp ran off the jug no bottle found out there is a little more to life than what i was livin i guess this cat got 10 lifes just wanted to see your opinions evry 1 has a diff veiw str8 lines are fun but racing midgets is all balls asphalt is for getting to the race but sled are the ultimate rush, body just too beat up for that any more thanks for opinions

this is a replacment build for my 340 that was to be a stroker last august life kiked me in the balls satin jumped in my heart and i pegged 360 on the rev limiter before the doctor got the shunt put in he still dont know how im alive hesaid most hearts explode at 310if they make it that far so now its build a cheaper 360 and let 340 sit untill it can get done right again stroker this time eagle short block from i would like the ross pistons but cant afford it and doctor bills right now i was told that hyperutic pistons would be ok for short runs and are the speed pro were better than the keith black both 2 valve relief and should spin just fine with a 360 .030 over rhs heads 2.02 750 to 1050 holley dp vac seconds comp cams 228 and a cast crank for now my 65 barracuda with the 340 was all forged j 2.02 heads 650 dp727 with 3:91 was a fun toy just wanted to run in the 10s before i go so if i get to build 1 more it will be stroked 13 to 1 comp ran off the jug no bottle found out there is a little more to life than what i was livin i guess this cat got 10 lifes just wanted to see your opinions evry 1 has a diff veiw str8 lines are fun but racing midgets is all balls asphalt is for getting to the race but sled are the ultimate rush, body just too beat up for that any more thanks for opinions

That is one loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong sentence.

I couldnt understand what the heck you were trying to say, satin got in your motor, or in your balls or something??????

-
Back