Picked up a 6 pack hood

-

71duster06

Reaction score
Funny how things work out. I was hoping to find a hood at Mopar Nats last weekend and had no luck. This Wednesday on craigslist i found the exact hood im looking for 10 minuets from my work. Bolt on style with the front support for the hood latch (will also install front hood pins) that was never installed on a car.

The hood is really dirty in the pictures but after it was cleaned it turned out to be a very nice hood. Prep and paint soon. Looking forward to getting this on the Duster.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 219
  • photo 2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 205
  • photo 3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 201
Looks great Kyle nice find! I got one too (lift off) from the Red Barns in July. Wish it was a hinged bolt in but oh well, it's nice. You may have seen it I you were there? It's red

Looks great Kyle nice find! I got one too (lift off) from the Red Barns in July. Wish it was a hinged bolt in but oh well, it's nice. You may have seen it I you were there? It's red

Hey how are you doing. I think i saw that one on craigslist too but i didnt get the number before the posting was removed. Have you installed it on your car yet and did you notice any difference in performance? If so any pictures?

Hope to meet up up again at Martin this year.

You gotta love it when a plan comes together...

Be patient, and the right part will come to you, grasshopper....

Dude! That is awesome. Right around the corner drom you no less.

Hey how are you doing. I think i saw that one on craigslist too but i didnt get the number before the posting was removed. Have you installed it on your car yet and did you notice any difference in performance? If so any pictures?

Hope to meet up up again at Martin this year.

Doin good! Haven't mounted it yet actually! Gonna paint it first. The red is just a tad off. It's in nice shape though for being made in 1991! Was on a show car. He wanted $400 orig on Craigslist then $300 at the barns and i got it for $250. Was pretty happy with that. Is a pin on after all.

Yea let's make it up to Martin this year. I haven't gone yet, been re-wiring and doin interior work on my car. Cop wheels are temps. Got Draglites goin on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 157
Doin good! Haven't mounted it yet actually! Gonna paint it first. The red is just a tad off. It's in nice shape though for being made in 1991! Was on a show car. He wanted $400 orig on Craigslist then $300 at the barns and i got it for $250. Was pretty happy with that. Is a pin on after all.

Yea let's make it up to Martin this year. I haven't gone yet, been re-wiring and doin interior work on my car. Cop wheels are temps. Got Draglites goin on

Looks awesome man! I am going to seal my air cleaner to the hood to. Im going to use flat aluminum and bond it to the underside of the hood. Ill posdt some pictures of the progress.

And yes that is the hood i saw on craigslist for $400. The scoop fits these cars really well i think.

Looks awesome man! I am going to seal my air cleaner to the hood to. Im going to use flat aluminum and bond it to the underside of the hood. Ill posdt some pictures of the progress.

And yes that is the hood i saw on craigslist for $400. The scoop fits these cars really well i think.

Thanks yea I agree! I also wanna seal it, US Body Source who made my hood offers this item. Was contemplating getting it...they call it a ram air isolated plate. Something to consider.

http://www.usbody.com/__Photo-Product-Views/Scoops/Isolator-Plate.htm

It says it's not available separately, only with a new hood. Could use it as a guide.

-
Back