Picken on the Road.

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On a roadtrp up to Mo . On the way up our first stop was to meet with @RustyRatRod & Kitty in Macon . Then on to West Atlana to drop of some parts to
@67/6barracuda . Spent a few days here at Theresa's parents house , visit with family and soon on up to cental Illinois to drop off and meet @jeff alder and @Dicer . Looking forward to meeting both these guys ! Theresa &I picked a guy off the local marketplace in Herman MO and picked up a small load of early A and Duster stuff !!!!! He had a nice collection of Mopar stuff!

20240925_144749.jpg

On a roadtrp up to Mo . On the way up our first stop was to meet with @RustyRatRod & Kitty in Macon . Then on to West Atlana to drop of some parts to
@67/6barracuda . Spent a few days here at Theresa's parents house , visit with family and soon on up to cental Illinois to drop off and meet @jeff alder and @Dicer . Looking forward to meeting both these guys ! Theresa &I picked a guy off the local marketplace in Herman MO and picked up a small load of early A and Duster stuff !!!!! He had a nice collection of Mopar stuff!
It was really nice to see yall! Maybe we can do it again on your way back!

say "hello" to Ed at dicer's place.

Al I will do my best to build up your parts hoard, doing a little picking myself...corn and beans that is...lol See ya next week sometime, drive careful and see ya soon.

Looks like y'all hit the road right on time. Gettin a little damp and windy down there. Here as well. That little creek that runs behind my garage is starting to look like the Colorado River from todays rain.....and the storm won't even get here until Friday! :eek:

Looks like y'all hit the road right on time. Gettin a little damp and windy down there. Here as well. That little creek that runs behind my garage is starting to look like the Colorado River from todays rain.....and the storm won't even get here until Friday! :eek:
Looks like a cat 3 coming by in a few days. Hope we don't get any damage while we're gone. Supposed to be doing my slab fir the new building this week , guess that aint gonna hppen.

Stopped in the old historic town of Herman Mo. An old German town on the banks of the Missouri River. Cool place for dinner and a beer !
IMG_20240925_201359.jpg
IMG_20240925_201404.jpg

Got back to the inlaws to unload and check out the haul. Mostly early A and some 73-4 Duster stuff. I was after the Magnum 500s for my flatbed and ended up getting a truck load !!

20240925_191236.jpg
20240925_191229.jpg
20240925_192218.jpg
20240925_193158.jpg
20240925_193732.jpg

AL it was a pleasure meeting with you and thank you for the parts. I hope you made the best of your trip. Stay clear of the bad weather.
Denis it was nice meeting with you too.
And thanks for the card ! Stopped in Tennesse somewhere for dinner ! Hope youare happy with the parts .

Al I will do my best to build up your parts hoard, doing a little picking myself...corn and beans that is...lol See ya next week sometime, drive careful and see ya soon.
Hope the weather dries up for you. Looks like more heading up this way from the gulf storm.

Our meet is right around the corner Al...Let's get the important questions out of the way for Karrin before she goes to town for supplies. What kind of beer or spirits would you two like? and what do you want for dinner? LOL We will take some time this weekend to get unneeded parts set up in the garage and barn. We don't want to be like Hobo Jack and you and Teresa have to do a Mike Wolfe or Frank Fritz.

Is this hurricane trying to find out where you moved to?

Last edited:
Not a bad day here yet Al. Pretty decent day actually. Normal temps (high 80's)and breezy. Winds are supposed to pick up this evening but nothing too major expected at this point. Hopefully this is one reason you moved here!! Tell T we said hi!

We had one strong band around 10:00.

Gusts have picked up, though.

I just got done wading thru waist deep water with my buddy who owns a race engine shop, along with his son in law, to get to his shop before the storm gets here. It's bad enough already, since it has poured the rain since about 3 pm yesterday. His shop is 50 feet from the French Broad River, right by the old Asheville Speedway. We got all of his computer stuff picked and way onto some shelves. Got all of the finished motors + the ones machined already, picked up higher than water could get to if it gets high enough to get in the building. It's only gotten in his building once, and that was 2004 when we got the 1-2 punch from Hurricanes Francis and then Ivan a week or so apart.

Not a bad day here yet Al. Pretty decent day actually. Normal temps (high 80's)and breezy. Winds are supposed to pick up this evening but nothing too major expected at this point. Hopefully this is one reason you moved here!! Tell T we said hi!
Thanks for the up date Dave. Lets hope it stays that way ! If bad stuff starts happening lets us know !

-
Back