Picken on the Road.

-
Al YOU are too late!!!! Finally sold the '62 Lancer and a trailer load of parts for it!! OK so you have no urge for a RoadToad!!! Buyer drives from Tn. to Tx. for it. But iut was cheap! Funny how all the buyers drive from 3-7 states away!
Anyway, don't head back home till the water goes back down (to Cuba!).

Those Duster quarter glasses remind me......I have one you can have if you want it when yall come back through. I think it's 73 and up.

Hey , just did another small pick from a guy real close to where we're staying. 72 Duster stuff. Nice little haul.
Don't know how I'll get it all home but I find a way.
20240927_164942.jpg

Al YOU are too late!!!! Finally sold the '62 Lancer and a trailer load of parts for it!! OK so you have no urge for a RoadToad!!! Buyer drives from Tn. to Tx. for it. But iut was cheap! Funny how all the buyers drive from 3-7 states away!
Anyway, don't head back home till the water goes back down (to Cuba!).
I ran across a 62 toad that was a gasser project down in Florida. Was a nice start on it but he wanted $7500 . So I had to walk away. But it was a cool car.

I ran across a 62 toad that was a gasser project down in Florida. Was a nice start on it but he wanted $7500 . So I had to walk away. But it was a cool car.
I have been trying quite a while to find the Toad a good home. Was older resto that was still a roller ( engine/trans pulled). I had looked for a decent runniong slant and refused to spend the $ ti make one. I am wore out health wise.

The buyer drove from W Tn for the Toad as it was obviously worth the $ and he loves them and A100's. He has about 10 but he has never paid squat for any! But mine was his best!! $2000 was spending big bucks and he could afford it anyway. He has another Toad he is making a gasser out of. He is 5 years younger than I am, so I told him get it done while he can!! Good advice maybe!!

Well it's Monday morning and time to head north about 4 hours. Just reflecting on our trip so far and all the changes it took.

We left home a week early so Theresa's Mother could go visit her sister in Atlanta, her trip got canceled so we just stayed with Theresa's family and visited. We left Florida not knowing what the storm Helene would turn into. We had plans to stop in the western North Carolina mountains fora week or so to mello out after this trip , but now that's not happening, due to the total devastation there. So now we should be back home in Florida in time to catch a day at the Garlits show in Ocala. But still, before we leave this area we have to meet with Jeff & Karrin and then Dicer both up close to Chicago. . Then stop in northern Alabama to pick our inclosed trailer and motorcycle.
Had extra time while up here to pick some parts off the local Facebook market place. I just hope we can fit all this parts in the truck to get it all back home. Also kinda was hoping to have our new metal building up by the time we got home. But no word from the builders since we left other than the check got cashed !
Been a hello of a roadtrip and it's not over yet.

I guess you are far enough inland now!! and the bad weather missed you! Hurricane season IS not over either!

Let me see what we had. Micro burst, 1 straight line wind, 1 small hurricane that did terrible damage to Houston, BUT nothing like Fla. or N.C. It did wipe out my 95 Cummins and our garden 3 times. No tomatoes or veggies for us, just some peppers you can't kill!

All i can say is I hope we're far enough inland. I don't have any contacts for our new place to check in with. Demonx2 lives close by and said that not bad in our area. That's all I've heard. Ya, another one is brewing in the gulf along he same path.

I just got done wading thru waist deep water with my buddy who owns a race engine shop, along with his son in law, to get to his shop before the storm gets here. It's bad enough already, since it has poured the rain since about 3 pm yesterday. His shop is 50 feet from the French Broad River, right by the old Asheville Speedway. We got all of his computer stuff picked and way onto some shelves. Got all of the finished motors + the ones machined already, picked up higher than water could get to if it gets high enough to get in the building. It's only gotten in his building once, and that was 2004 when we got the 1-2 punch from Hurricanes Francis and then Ivan a week or so apart
Just saw this JD. Wow hope his place and him are OK. Saw some bad chit went down along the French Broad. How's you place after the storm ?

Al, I'm not far from you. If you need me to take a ride by. I'm in North Weeki Wachee. We didn't even lose power. I was up in Homosassa on Saturday and some of the roads were I under water.

Al, I'm not far from you. If you need me to take a ride by. I'm in North Weeki Wachee. We didn't even lose power. I was up in Homosassa on Saturday and some of the roads were I under water.
Thanks but that's not necessary ! Appreciate the offer.

All i can say is I hope we're far enough inland. I don't have any contacts for our new place to check in with. Demonx2 lives close by and said that not bad in our area. That's all I've heard. Ya, another one is brewing in the gulf along he same path.
Hi Al. Those friends in the club that live a block or 2 from you said they did not lose power and all was fine there. These results are one of the reasons you moved here!!

I could do a drive-by of your house if you'd like so just let me know in a PM.

Hi Al. Those friends in the club that live a block or 2 from you said they did not lose power and all was fine there. These results are one of the reasons you moved here!!

I could do a drive-by of your house if you'd like so just let me know in a PM.
Thanks for that info ! I think the place should be fine. I gave my neighbor my # to call if anything bad happened . So I guess it's all fine. Wish I would have taken his # .

-
Back