Picking some brains.....

-

moparbros

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm just about at the painting stage on the 68 dart gts. The car is not original so i'm not worried about going factory correct color. With that being said it was painted an after market red already and was thinking going the same red again. Its a nice bright red but I just feel there's so many red cars out there. Any suggestions on what color looks good on the darts? I was thinking a silver maybe?

Black interior, no vinyl roof and I definitely want to keep the hood blacked out. Its an after market hemi hood.

Hello everyone. I'm just about at the painting stage on the 68 dart gts. The car is not original so i'm not worried about going factory correct color. With that being said it was painted an after market red already and was thinking going the same red again. Its a nice bright red but I just feel there's so many red cars out there. Any suggestions on what color looks good on the darts? I was thinking a silver maybe?

Yes but how many red 68 Darts are there? :)
Red and silver both look good together too, but I personally don't like 2 color paint jobs very much.

Personally, I've always preferred more earthy colors; tans, coppers, darker greens, maroons, and darker browns. I am going with a dark copper on my '74, similar to factory bronze metallic.

I think that they look good on A-bodies, along with some high impact colors like sublime, plum crazy, and basin street blue.

A nice medium or dark green with a bit of pearl would be an excellent choice.

My suggestion would be to look at the original 68 color chart and maybe you will find something you like. Best of both worlds, pick the color you want and its a factory 68 color

Gonna paint mine GG1 Racing Green. But that is the original color on my GTS.

Personally, I've always preferred more earthy colors; tans, coppers, darker greens, maroons, and darker browns. I am going with a dark copper on my '74, similar to factory bronze metallic...

Me too. Any of the "burnt tan" or "burnt orange" colors are very cool.

1970 "Deep Burnt Orange":
plymouth1970DT5170.jpg

The think the issue is "resale red". So many other color cars are painted red. That doesn't mean the real reds should be painted some other color. In my opinion if it was born red it should stay red. I like to report my red notch has always been red when someone comments/asks "resale red".

resale red? That's a good one. You do have a point and I have thought about when it does come time for that.

I say red, but I am a little in love with a red car!

Attachments

• 969985_385605941559725_170717160_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 131
Black with flat black stripes and flat black hood or ef-8 green with ef-2 green stripes or Petty Blue

What about a light sanding with a darker red mixed with clear over the current red?

Darker reds that do not have a blue in them seem to be quite popular around here-on base everyone with a government job seems to drive a REAL NICE new car-the dark red is extremely popular.
Pearls always make the blues pop, why not that scheme on a dark red?

what I like is something just a little bit darker than 1968dartman 's dart picture posted above. I don't care for the almost chevy orangish reds or maroons

look at the color charts that house of kolor lists, those are amazing colors!

if you have not painted before-the guys here are adamant about a few practice runs

and prep & cleaning are next to GODliness and stuff

-
Back