Picking up my Aspen this weekend

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Well I'm going to get my new driveline this weekend. Picking up my 1978 Aspen R/T I mentioned a few weeks ago. Can't wait to tear the motor and trans out and give my Scamp a heart again. Temporary motor while I save my pennies for my Hemi Stroker kit will be a 1970's 360 LA motor backed by a A-833 out of the donor.

Hey Congrats man. Look forward to the final project. Also, I'm right next door in Napeville, so holler if you need an extra set of hands.

Pat

Well I'm going to get my new driveline this weekend. Picking up my 1978 Aspen R/T I mentioned a few weeks ago. Can't wait to tear the motor and trans out and give my Scamp a heart again. Temporary motor while I save my pennies for my Hemi Stroker kit will be a 1970's 360 LA motor backed by a A-833 out of the donor.

unless the car is a basket case thats not something I would do... they made plenty of scamps but those aspen R/t's are quite rare and fixed are worth a few pennies. sell the aspen and buy an engine

unless the car is a basket case thats not something I would do... they made plenty of scamps but those aspen R/t's are quite rare and fixed are worth a few pennies. sell the aspen and buy an engine

he posted pics awhile back and it looked pretty decent to me. i wouldnt tear apart either

No Quarter panels or trunk extension left on it and the tail panel is rotten out around the lights. Shes been sitting outside for about 15 years but there a lot of useable parts I will be selling off.

Congrats on getting everything you need to get back on the road again John
Your Scamp will enjoy it :cheers:
I know the feeling, I snagged up a 3/4 tun truck and robbed the rv 318 out of it and got Ram Wagon back on the road :glasses7:

Attachments

• Bud on 2012 dog day 024.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 286
johnparts, post some pics of the Aspen, you might be surprised who might the whole car, that even includes me

johnparts, post some pics of the Aspen, you might be surprised who might the whole car, that even includes me
Not gonna happen. Unless someone offers me 3g for the car it's getting parted. I don't mean to sound like a dick but I'm basically stealing this car and I need the drivetrain for my car it's the only reason I'm buying it. Can't buy a core Hemi for what I'm getting this whole car for.

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

She is hurt pretty bad. Front rails are gone trunk floor is toast and the quarters are way beyond saving. She does run though and has power disc brakes.

-
Back