Pics!!! - Barrett-Jackson OC Event, June 25, 2011

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Barrett-Jackson returned to the SoCal home of car culture this weekend. Inland Mopars Car Club was invited to bring down some members cars for display in the Car Club Corral area. We had a great time just like last year.
The 2nd year of this event saw growth over last year. B-J brought their huge Scottsdale tent and set up their vendor area tied directly into the auction tent.
View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011021_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011022_edited (Small).JPG

One thing I noticed this year was the drop in Mopars being auctioned. This may be a good thing with more owners hanging on to their prized pentastars rather than trying to turn a quick buck. Don't know for sure.

Anyway, here's some pics of Mopars and some other selected favorites from the beautiful selection of fine rides seen today.
First up is a Chromallusion Prowler
View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011005_edited (Small).JPG

How about a former Mopar SuperStock 'Cuda?
View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011006_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011007_edited (Small).JPG

Somebody fired up a late-model Mustang with a Roush-Charger and winged it a couple of times. In answer, a B-J staff member jumped in this former SuperStock warrior and fired up the Hemi and let it sing. Sure shut up that wimpy Ford! You should have heard the cheer!!!
View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011011_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011009_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011012_edited (Small).JPG

Here's a really sweet AAR
View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011015_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment Barrett-JacksonOC2011016_edited (Small).JPG

Great pictures, but I have a problem with one of them...

Attachments

• wimpybowties.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 501
  • challenge_accepted_RE_Artificial_Fears_remake_of_Legend_of_Zelda_songs-s325x265-191454.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 468
  • matt-smith-doctor-who.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 493
Great pics! Thanks for sharing! BTW, anyone watching last night see that VW bus top the 70 Hemi T/A Challenger? Really?? 197 k for a VW micro bus?? Realy???

You do realize "bowties" refers to the Chevrolet logo.

Yes I do. I may have come into the Mopar world late but I realize that much. And with the way my wife's chebbie was acting yesterday, I'm inclined to agree with it. I was just trying to be humorous. Sorry if it fell flat.

That looks like a great time ocdart Thank you for sharing a neat day :happy2:
I wish I could have been there when he fired the barracuda up :thumrigh:

I saw an old VW bus a few days ago for sale and they wanted a ton of money for a beat-up old peace of car. Now I guess I know why they asked so much.

Thanks for the pictures I miss California every day I wish we could have at least a few more car shows out here. We only get two big ones a year minus the clubs that meet every week.
Not a lot of Mopars out here in Texas. Sadly

I have a problem with that , too ! That apostrophe in "Wimp's" is totally inappropriate ! "Wimp's" isn't possessive , it's merely plural ! :tongue1:

Hey, all I did was take the picture. Don't kill the messenger! LOL.

Of course, I will admit that on my old '69 Dart racecar I had "REAL RACECARS DON'T WEAR BOWTIES" painted on the back.

I have a problem with that , too ! That apostrophe in "Wimp's" is totally inappropriate ! "Wimp's" isn't possessive , it's merely plural ! :tongue1:

Wow, I can't believe I didn't catch that! Good call!

And ocdart, you took some AWESOME pictures! We're not trying to kill the messenger. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. :thumrigh:

Well then, the same can be said for the apostrophe in "Bowtie's"! It's not possessive either.

Hey, all I did was take the picture. Don't kill the messenger! LOL.

Of course, I will admit that on my old '69 Dart racecar I had "REAL RACECARS DON'T WEAR BOWTIES" painted on the back.
lol,mine said Mostly Old Parts And Rust.

I just realised that I didn't give proper thanks to O.C. Dart for sharing the pics he took :salut: .
I apologise for turning into an English teacher -- and a horrible one at that -- and thereby railroading this thread's topic .

Thanks , O.C. , for sharing your great pics with your fellow forum members :thumrigh::thumrigh::thumrigh::thumrigh: ! Good work , my friend :smile:

-
Back