Pics for Hyper_pac, finally

-

Babyblue66

Cool dude
Reaction score
Here are soem I took of my dads original hyper pac. I couldn't get in very close, too much stuff around it. He got this from a friend, has original carb and nos exhaust manifolds. Never even been on an engine. Well, except this one.

100_0816.jpg

100_0815.jpg

100_0814.jpg

100_0813.jpg

100_0812.jpg

100_0811.jpg

I don't remember if I took this or you did and I saved it but here is another one 8)

Attachments

• 000_0047.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 601
Not sure, but those red valve covers are from your dads 318 in his truck. That was a couple years ago.

I was lookin for that damn intake on the floor one day, still don't know where dad put it.

M:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:AN,WHAT i WOULDN'T GIVE FOR THAT INTAKE !!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I want the engine and the intake/exhaust. I had a aluminum slant six set aside that my sister in-law took and sold for scrap!

You can get one from Clifford just like it.

Notttttttt quite! If (a very big if) Clifford decides to get off their butts and send you anything at all, you can get an example of what happens when a skilled, talented, dedicated craftsman (Doug Dutra) sells his patterns and tooling to a jerkoff who doesn't give a poo as long as he's got your money (Clifford). The Clifford manifolds have what can be politely described as "issues with inconsistent quality". Just like their headers. :roll:

Notttttttt quite! If (a very big if) Clifford decides to get off their butts and send you anything at all, you can get an example of what happens when a skilled, talented, dedicated craftsman (Doug Dutra) sells his patterns and tooling to a jerkoff who doesn't give a poo as long as he's got your money (Clifford). The Clifford manifolds have what can be politely described as "issues with inconsistent quality". Just like their headers. :roll:

Ok, I'll certainly buy that comin from you and knowin about all the complaints comin from Clifford.....so how bout this? You can go to Clifford's web site and see some pics of a manifold that loosly resembles a Hyper Pack intake. That better? lol

Had one on my /6, posted on Craigslist sold it to the first guy for $400 who was building a race 6.
IMG_0482.jpg

dartengine2nd.jpg
now it has a 318 finally after 28 years, the smokes now!
IMG_1322.jpg

A genuine Hyper Pak on an aluminum 225 is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy. :-D

Yeah it ranks right up there with mom, apple pie and Chevro.....I mean Mopar. LOL

Not much of a slant fan, but that is cool looking........

I would like to see the exaust manifolds recast!!! I know Doug still does that stuff.I wish Clifford would sell him back the plugs for the intakes too.
Andrew/kidd

Mike
Thanks a ton for getting over there and shooting the pictures! Note the front exhaust manifold is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from all the other exhaust I have seen and my set. No Casting number, has a different sweep to the runners, stops shorter than the other front manifold and has studs instead of the through bolts on the exhaust flange. I really appreciate the effort! Still would like to talk with your dad and get the history of those parts. Stan

His future plans are to strip the red paint off the block and put back in his 60 Valiant wagon.

It'd might corrode if its left bare. That doesn't look very nice.

And Pete, when you say his plans, you mean my plans. Since I'll be tearing it down and swapping the cam, and possibly milling the head or block to up the compression.

Isn't red the correct/original color? I know it is for my 64 Valiant conv, I had a bit of a fight with my re-builder to paint it red and not blue.

Mike
Thanks a ton for getting over there and shooting the pictures! Note the front exhaust manifold is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from all the other exhaust I have seen and my set. No Casting number, has a different sweep to the runners, stops shorter than the other front manifold and has studs instead of the through bolts on the exhaust flange.

Huh. Mine's a Chrysler-made, factory piece, and it's got a casting number, but it's not from the same factory where yours was cast and it's not got the same casting number yours would have if it had one. ;-)

Front_3_exh.jpg

Huh. Mine's a Chrysler-made, factory piece, and it's got a casting number, but it's not from the same factory where yours was cast and it's not got the same casting number yours would have if it had one. ;-)

SO what is the casting number on your manifold, Dan?
Mine is 2129899

Attachments

• Front_Exhaust_640x480.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Front_Exhaust.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 337
-
Back