Pics for Hyper_pac, finally

-
Huh. Mine's a Chrysler-made, factory piece, and it's got a casting number, but it's not from the same factory where yours was cast and it's not got the same casting number yours would have if it had one. ;-)

Front_3_exh.jpg

Man don't be postin that. Now I got a woodrow.

Soooooo,with such a fine specimen of a stock header,why not find some to remake them so others can enjoy also ????:cheers:

8)

Attachments

• 170_cu_in_plymouth_valiant_hyper-pak_slant_six.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 170
Soooooo,with such a fine specimen of a stock header,why not find some to remake them so others can enjoy also ????:cheers:

I could certainly do that -- and I might even be able to come up with the $2K for a set of moulds and the $200 per-piece cost except that it would be $200 times however many the foundry would need to make for the production effort to be worthwhile (that $200 price is NOT a one-off or onesie-twosie price). Then sitting on a run of manifolds taking up space (which is never free) and selling them verrrrrrryyyyyyy sllllowwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyyy at the price I'd have to get just to break even on the effort.

:-( (blasted reality...)

Care to share the history?

It is a South American piece, used as part of a factory high-performance package offered in the 1970s. There was no corresponding rear-3 special exhaust manifold; instead, a cut-and-capped rear half of a stock exhaust manifold was used to retain intake heat and auto choke (much like the Dutra Duals!).

Why doesn't it bolt to the intake like the older one?

Because it was not used with a long-ram intake.

Why is it so much shorter? ? ? ?

Probably to assure clearance with equipment like power steering and air conditioning in the vehicles they were installed in.

I could certainly do that -- and I might even be able to come up with the $2K for a set of moulds and the $200 per-piece cost except that it would be $200 times however many the foundry would need to make for the production effort to be worthwhile (that $200 price is NOT a one-off or onesie-twosie price). Then sitting on a run of manifolds taking up space (which is never free) and selling them verrrrrrryyyyyyy sllllowwwwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyyy at the price I'd have to get just to break even on the effort.

:-( (blasted reality...)

Damn,and just one for me wouldn't help either !!DAMN !!Kinda like the Turbo Exhaust on here that is soooooo pretty !!! Did I say DAMN ?????:sad7::sad7::sad7::sad7::sad7:

-
Back