Reaction score
I took these.
Mike

empire 001.jpg

empire 002.jpg

empire 003.jpg

empire 004.jpg

empire 005.jpg

What a good day!!! thank you for sharing :cheers: I am going to see some racing at George Ray's tomorrow I hope.:happy10::happy10::happy10:
Hay Poppabear, Right hand lane I would guess 8)

The Last picture is my buddies old duster. He sold it back around 1993, and since then it went from a 440/727/8 3/4 with superstocks running 11.07 to a complete backhalf with Dana 60, and 4 link and now runs 10.30s. Not much of an improvement for the dollars invested, but they also spent a bunch of money on the weird graphics. I ran over to the non fenced in side to get that shot, and they didn't even stop me, so I stopped taking pics (to not attract attention) and watched for the next 45 minutes. I came home stinking for burnt rubber, and race gas. Beautiful! The Ford ran into the 11s, so it wasn't too slow, but really didn't fit in with the older cars. I noticed the large turn out of Mopars. It was test and tune for todays' 1/8th mile nationals event, and there was as many Mopars as there were Fords. Only brand that showed in larger numbers were the 35 chevy brand, but they had everything from a 57 chevy to a few '80s camaros, and S-10 type cars. More years to pic from, so more showed up. The real sneaky ones were these two fat guys with thier modern muscle. The one guy had a yellow Z05 'vette, and the other (300 + lb guy who never got out of the car) with a '98-'02 WS-6 T/A.They both turned low 11s on street tires, through the exhaust. Would have shocked my arse on the street to come across them. We have a buddy who blew $30K on a new ram air T/A back in 1999 when they first came out with the LS-1/6 speed ones. It only ran 14.1 and he wasn't happy. He only put 22,000 miles on it then resold it and lost about ten grand on that deal. All in all nice day to go watch burn outs, since my tow rig is out of comission right now.
By the way, the first car ('64 B body in flat black) has a female driver. Cool!

-
Back