-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Alderman running a Wayne County Camaro

20240825_192526.jpg

20240825_192533.jpg

What I heard was there was a nitro’s capsule or the like in the intake manifold and once it heated up it released the nos and the motor had that strong top end charge. Also a photographer snapped a pic when the nitros exploded in the scoop with a big flash of fire. No idea if it’s true or not.

remember the story why Wayne Co kinda went out of racing ? Shop supposedly got burglarized and busted all their engine blocks. Warren Johnson accused them of cheating by running Nitrous .

https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads/wayne-county-speed-shop-break-in.2455745/
Bob Glidden did run nitrous , his son rusty even admitted it ...
he just didn't get caught .
ever wonder why he kept most of his "secret" intakes covered completly ?
ever wonder why most pro stock teams always took their hoods inside the trailer ?

These guys shop was just 30 minutes from me, remember TY hem well

Hey, I moved to Wayne county IL a while back. Not too far from Sam Dale lake. We go to Flora a lot. Glad there are Mopar guys around!

HOW THE DODGE BOYS CHEATED
There's only a very few that know exactly how the Dodge Boys accomplished their cheating in NHRA PRO STOCK back in the 90s when they were winning so regular.
It was done using NITROUS OXIDE(Laughing Gas) as described here.
The Nitrous was carried in the block water jacket of the engine with water only in the heads. The water compartment which would contain the Nitrous was drilled into one of the main bearing saddles and on the exact opposite side another drilling was made thru the main cap and upwards into the intake ports.
The crankshaft main corresponding to the drilled main saddle was cross drilled so that when it rotated the drilled ports would line up and allow the pressurized Nitrous to flow through all these drillings and upward into the intake ports. How was it pressurized? Very simple, it was put in at normal temperature of about 80 degrees and when the engine fires and starts warming the Nitrous pressure rises and starts to flow.
Now there is also a spring loaded relief valve preset at a pressure which allows the Nitrous to flow only when the pressure rises from the engine heat.
So you might wonder how the supply is replenished. OK, a special charging gun is used that looks exactly like an ordinary grease gun and there is a special alemite fitting installed in the block with a drilled passage way to the water jacket. So when a pit crew member is putting in Nitrous it appears that he is simply greasing the engine.
You might also wonder about the Nitrous continuing to flow after each run; no problem it simply leaks away until it is all gone or until the pressure drops and the driver laughs all the way back to the pits.

:wtf::eek:

-
Back