Pics needed. Speedmaster intake.

-

Orionsax7

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of their magnums with serpentine belt system AND Speedmaster intake? Curious to see how the coolant/radiator hoses are routed with the brackets. Thanks!

And pictures of what you have!
This topic comes up once and a while. The thread gets buried. A gathering of various intake manifolds for the Magnum flavor would be good with a title to what the set up is.

My engine is currently in the machine shop and I have a Speedmaster intake I plan on dropping off this weekend along with a bunch of other odds and ends for the build. I will definitely post a bunch of pics along the way but wanted to make sure this intake will work or if I should get an Eddy instead.

I searched a few posts but I'm sure there are those out there that have better pics than what I found through searches.

Please provide more of your plan details. Are you running the entire Magnum accessory drive with alternator, power, steering and air conditioning? Are you running no air conditioning? Are you running manual steering?
The Speedmaster intake is basically the same as the other Chinese made air gap clones, in that it has dual intake bolt pattern for Magnum heads, but they use an LA thermostat position and bypass hose. The only real problem with those are the Magnum air conditioning bracket interfering with the thermostat location. If not running air conditioning, there should be no real problem.
Read through this thread for some other Magnum serpentine setups:
Confused what to do with a 5.9L serpentine setup

Going to run the magnum serpentine system with alternator only. This car is manual steering. May add A/C in the waaaay distant future so I'm not worried about that for now. I was going to run the AC delete pulley on the full magnum bracket but it looks like it will interfere on the thermostat housing so I may just run a belt from crank-tensioner-alternator-idler-water pump-crank. I've seen a pic of this setup somewhere on here before.

Although this thread has a different bracket than I will be running, it had some good info as well. Crosswind air gap clone and ram truck serpentine setup

Here’s another option if you enjoy doing a little fab work. A Facebook friend of mine did this in his Duster.

C326C8D8-B103-47B2-A7B6-D88264349882.jpeg

A7030DAA-666D-4B5B-8093-BB5B4C6D8D48.jpeg

55D08E7B-2BF9-4879-B0FE-435E5207854B.jpeg

09788277-8E67-4E08-84AD-0D685B338C88.jpeg

B2AE9D98-0DF0-4D7D-B4FF-515E61B8B591.jpeg

8A5DF680-167B-4B08-BD27-F8014ECE8629.jpeg

-
Back