pics of a '70-'72 w/o vinyl top

-

340mopar

Sorgermotorsports
Reaction score
I have a '72 Scamp that had a vinyl top. I am not going to put a vinyl top on it and was going to just paint the top black or white depending on the body color used. But in the process of doing the body work at the "c" pillar seam the pins for the vinyl top trim are a pain to work around and was hoping you guys here could post some pics of cars that are one color with no vinyl trim. I have search the web and it is tough to find non-vinyl top a-bodies.

Thanks,
Chuck

Here's some 71 340 Swingers & a 70 340 Swinger

71340swingers.jpg

70swinger.jpg

Cool, even a Panther Pink one. This car will end up being my wifes car and she wants it Panther Pink with a white stripe.

Chuck

I love Panther Pink on that Swinger. With white (and a white interior) it would make a sweet (sic) ride!

15 years ago, I missed out on a red 69 'Cuda 340 by two hours. Had $4000 in my hand to buy it. Of course, I was itching to spend it. Saw an ad for a 70 Duster 340 4-speed for sale - $2400. I phoned and made appointment with guy selling. When I showed up to look, he was talking to another guy. The car was solid and original, and painted yellow. I looked at fender tag, saw the FM3 code and pulled out the cash. The other guys jaw dropped. I said to seller - I'll take it right now! He told me other guy had given him a $50 deposit to hold it until he sold his other car. I pulled out another $400, and said - $2800 right now. Now the other guy was nervous, but the seller said "a deal's a deal". Ended up becoming friends with the buyer. He painted it (to my dismay) orange because pink was too sissy for him.

Grant

Here's how I was going to paint her car and I still might because I love the looks of the white top. I just wanted to see what one looked like without.

Chuck

fm3001_02.jpg

It won't be vinyl if I go white top. It will be painted white. The heat in the summer will eventually cook the vinyl. That's whats wrong with the old vinyl top it cracked from the heat.

When my wife and I first got married in the early 80's we both drove muscle cars for daily drivers. I recently sold her 2002 Concorde and we are going start driving older cool cars again. I am already driving my '72 Duster and the winter project is her '72 Scamp turned into a '70 Swinger.

Chuck

-
Back