Pics of killswitch on 70-76 darts!

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need to get a killswitch for my 71 scamp, but cant figure out where it would look good routing it. I need to decide if i want push/pull style or the on/off style switch...I figured some pictures of how you guys are routing them would out alot...if you have any pictures of this please post away! also, how many amps are the killswitches you guys run?

thanks
matthew

I was thinking of doing a push/pull in my 70 Dart. But where? The bumper is in the way. So I think I am just going to use a turn on/off one and ether put it in the rear vlance some where or mabby to hide it behind the LP. When you go to the track all you would have to do is take your rear plate off.

hey guys, thanks for that thread....however, there really isnt many pictures on there....I dont want to go through the LP because i want this function to be useful for daily use as well...my car will be parked outside and it would be kinda nice to have it in the off switch when parked that way petty thieves wouldnt be able to start it, just as an extra safety measure on my alarm system...I have thought of going through the rear valence panel, or under, but like i said im not too sure how it would look...I know 496dart has a killswitch for sure in his orange dart, so pics would be great if your reading this man! anyone else out there who's done this and would care to share?

here is a switch that is on sale at a local parts outfit around me...does the amperage on it seem to be enough? do you guys think i should run something with more amp output?
http://www.taylorvertex.com/Products/pdfs/taylorcatalog37.pdf

I also hear of guys using battery disconnet switches from forklift part warehouses because they are the exact same thing...anyone ever heard of this before?

no picture but i put a key switch in place of the stock cigarette lighter.

its gotta be external to pass tech at the track since my battery is in the trunk...anybody?

on right--just order a Taylor or Moroso fromSummit.

pass rear5.jpg

thanks for the pic 496dart...do you know how many amps the moroso unit you are running is?

thanks for the response 496dart...I wasnt sure if 180 amps continous was enough, but if a car like yours is fine im sure mine should be too...thanks...I guess i have the choice of mounting it on the valence panel like yours or using the push/pull rod and having it come between the trunk lid and rear bumper...thanks for the help

Heres what I did with mine. I am pretty sure I'll have to put the ON/OFF direction sticker on it for tech on race days but i think it turned out really clean.

-Sefus

batt switch adj.gif

ive thought about putting it in the bumper like, but im not sure if i want to do that to the bumper

Put it in the bumper. Take a bumper bolt out fits right in.Napa sells some 4 terminal switches .

scamp rear.jpg

Put it in the bumper. Take a bumper bolt out fits right in.Napa sells some 4 terminal switches .

Hey Scamp 408, can you show a pic of how your cut off switch looks from the trunk? I'd like to see you whole set up if possible. I like the idea of going through the bumper bolt hole. I'm considering this same set up, I'd like to see how you facilitated the installation.

I think thats the best idea that ive seen so far!:salute: im going to try that one out- it looks cool too!

thats actually another great way to do it...i think im either gonna go through the top of the valence panel like that or through one of the bumper bolts like scamp 408 did

I ran the wires through the bumper bracket bolt hole and the switch is in the bumper bracket.Iam in mexico now I will get pics when I get home

I don't have a picture but what I did was to mount it behind the rear plate, but I used a fold down license plate.This way I can turn it on/off around town and the just remove the plate for the track. I posted the assembly that I used.

SSE_Flip_Up_Light_Big.jpg

this seems like the spot for em on these year darts/scamps...some pics of how you guys are routing this system would be great!

-
Back