pics of my wilwood disc brake conversion

-
Joe,

Are you using an adjustable proportioning valve on your conversion?

no.. i'm running the 73-up disc brake valve on mine... i'm thinking if going from drums to disc's you should change it.. before i put the wilwoods on my car i was running a factory style disc brake set up.

I'm guessing that if you need to replace the rotors you have to get them from Wildwood. What happens if they discontinue that setup. What about pads?

So will either of the 9 or 10 inch drum conversions work with the sbp 14" rallye rims? Your new setup looks awesome I was looking at this a while back in a magazine, seriousll considering it when doing my front end!

Wait a minute, not so fast here canner78!

Did those new rims and tires come with the disc brake set-up? LOL.

Looks great, only 3 months to go before you can take it for a spin.

Here`s what the rears look like .
Go for it !
Chryco 557

Picture 2.jpg

the "special socket" that i used to take the upper ball joints out was a 24" cresent wrench. Even if you dont have one, it probably doesn't cost that much more than the socket and it has alot more than one use.

I was looking at a wilwood kit last year when i did my brakes and don't remember seeing a kit that would work with the 9" drum spindles. I got a kit from SSBC and a $200 dollar pair of spindles from a junk yard. But i do have the 4 inch pattern.

Wilwood has a kit that will work on cars with the 9" drum brakes. Summitt has them listed. Jeff

2+ years on mine and the rotors and pads still look new, summit does sell this rotor for about 100 bucks

Wonder if you can later upgrade the 10.75" rotor

that comes with Wilwood's a-body kit to their 11.75" rotor?
----------------------------------------------------

What year did front discs become standard on a-bodies?

----------------------------------Thanks for your help!

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Pages/08/index.asp

-
Back