PICS of some Hawaii Mopars

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
20045245389229506159938.jpg

69 Hemi SuperBee

20045244773570942030873.jpg

70 Cuda Keisler 5spd

Awesome Man! Thanks for the Pics. Does the salty environment take its toll on cars there?

Nice pix Craig,now i'm even more anxious for Chrysler's at Carlisle :!:

shg340 said:
Awesome Man! Thanks for the Pics. Does the salty environment take its toll on cars there?

If you spend a day by the beach or live within a couple blocks of it, you car will have a nice coat of salt on it. I lived about 100 yards from the beach once and every morning my car would look like it had frosted windows. Had to shoot the car down with a hose every morning. Thats why nice solid Mopars are hard to come by.

The track stays open year round too, but its not the greatest of tracks. There are plans to build a motorsport complex on the closed down Naval Air Station. Hope they do it soon.

thatll be fun get some pics of that they need to build a track down hear the hav all this damn land thats been empty for years they just dont know how much money they would make! :roll:

The problem here is that there is not enough land. Then you have the people who complain about the noise. They were looking at it costing about 20 Mil to get everything done.

They want it to be a all round motorsport complex with a dragstrip, 1 mile oval, road course, dirt oval, and motocross track. I think they wanted to do go karts too.

they need to do that sown here in San Jose Ca. its boreing down here some times all us car kids just sit around and think we can go fast! :roll:

Does the city or the area around there have a problem with street racing and kids just speeding around? Thats a good point to bring up with the city to get them to build something or at least try to subsidise something. They can build a track and up the fines for speeding and racing on the streets so they go to the track where its safer. Call your councilman or mayor and get the ball rolling. Might even make you look good for trying to make the streets safer :D

good idea!ya all them damn little ricer things are always racing or tring to race they come along side of me all the time when im in the Cornet and they always want some!HA well say that to a 440 4-speed with 4.10's thats good far a mid 12 second pass!HA :twisted: :roll:

The ricer boys are always killing themselves over here. The big problem is they usually take out innocent people with them. A couple months ago 3 Eclipses were racing on the freeway when two of them plowed into a safety truck putting cones out. The guy in the back of the truck was killed instantly and two of the Eclipse drivers burnt up in their car. They said you could hear one of them screaming.

I think your going to have to move out of CA to get a new track. They wont even build stuff you need like power plants. Unless your going to be running your hybrid import. I heard the solar 10.5 class is getting big out there.

:roll: AHHH Hawaii 8) ....I was stationed out there twice when I was in the Navy. First time in Pearl and the second time at West Loch. Bought my 68 Formula "S" Barracuda there. That was my pride and joy. Had it shipped to the mainland and drove it across to Florida. Damn it cost alot of money to do that.

Hey Craig,Nice Mopes on The Rock.Keep your eyes peeled for this one.I owned this 71 RoadRunner in 75-76 while stationed at Schofield Barracks.383 Mag,pistol grip,airgrabber car.
20045292290526575060997.jpg
[/img]

Hey Cudax4 I'll keep an eye out for that car, as long as someone didn't ship it back to the mainland or have it crush it couldn't have gone very far. The islands only a little over 40 miles across at its widest :cry:

Mahalo Brah,That was a sweet ride.Wish I'd of shipped it home.Bought my Formula S right after I got out.

-
Back