Pics of some of my progress

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
I haven't been able to visit here much lately cause I've been busy working on the dart. Here's some pics for an update. Oh yeah and for my birthday yesterday I went out and bought a new truck!

cowl insert glassed into hood.JPG

engine re-painted.JPG

fr end in sealer primer.JPG

smoothed firewall.JPG

valve covers sand blasted.JPG

New Truck 1.JPG

engine looks pretty along with the car and truck, what kinda stuff is done to the engine? btw did u forget to cover ur exhaust ports :silent: looks good though :thumblef:

1966 dart wagon said:
engine looks pretty along with the car and truck, what kinda stuff is done to the engine? btw did u forget to cover ur exhaust ports :silent: looks good though :thumblef:

It's a 360 block but is actually a 408 with the motor work. Has a torker 340 intake with a 750 cfm carb. Has a purple shaft cam with 3" exhaust, Milodon 7 qt oil pan. I stuffed paper towels in the exhaust ports and plug holes. I sand blasted and re-coated my headers but forgot to take pics of those. I didn't want to get too fussy with this engine bc I plan to pull it out next year or the year after and put a 440 in that's sitting in the back of the garage in need of a rebuild.

Yes you have got alot done,And glad you are keep'in us posted.
And I would like to say happy birthday to you.
I don't cover my exoust port's either. :thumblef: :drinkers:

lookin good
you should be able to get the ice cream home
before it melts in that buggy.
whats the project back in the corner of your shop?

Nice job it's nice to see the progress, wish I was close to that stage. Great job though. Where did you get the stroker kit from? It will be awesome when she's done. Are you going to stroke the 440 out too, as you are not far away from that now and the 440 will add weight. Keep us posted.

longarm said:
lookin good
you should be able to get the ice cream home
before it melts in that buggy.
whats the project back in the corner of your shop?

ThanX to everyone who has checked out my progress and liked the work so far. BTW the other project in the background is a 41 chevy 2 door sedan going to the hot rod side. So far that has a new mustang front end, new suspension, new frame. Needs alot of new metal welded in and the parts just arrived. Thats a 3 year project for a buddy. And yes the plan for the 440 is to actually be a high compression 496, with an indy tunnel ram and 2 1050 dominators when its done, but that won't be a little bit.

Yep Ron! that mopar is moving right along,and will be werth the wait.
and that chivvy deserve's a ferd suspention. :hmph:

Nice work :thumblef:

-
Back