Pics of Wagon fill tube

-

timbolia

65Wagon
Reaction score
Hi, Can any of the wagon owners post pics taken of the fill tube under the floor/spare cover? Mine seems like it is some goofy make shift thing and I was hoping to see what the other wagons look like. I will try to get pics of mine tonight

The '63 S.W. I have has a fairly straight filler neck.....just a real slight "S" curve to it.

Here is a picture of a 1964 wagon filler tube looking from the side. Jayson

Attachments

• DSCN7375.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 188
that looks just like the on in my '65 Dart wagon. the one in my wagon is a bit rusty so I'm going to check it against one out of a '66 Barracuda to see how close they are. I'll let you know.

update:
just looked at a '66 Barracuda and they're not the same at all. apparently the wagons are all by themselves.

My 66 wagon has a very gentle slope like the one in the picture. Made it hard to fill up with gas. If you put the pump on full blast, the gas would back up and cause it to auto shut off. You have to stand there and pump it by hand with the pump barely open to prevent the auto shut off because the slope of the tube was so flat.

All early Abody cars I owned, I had to turn the filler handle sideways,
to make it easier to fuel up.

I learned this in 1965, when helping Dad fill his New car with gas.
Yeah, my '66 Barracudas are the same way. I turn the nozzle completely up-side-down to get it to feed without burping. Kind of a pain since you have to stand there and pump.

I have to fill it up with the nozzle up side down and by hand. But I think the PO replaced mine with a chunk of hose. It has 2 hose clamps on it. Maybe that is the reason for the gas smell. I need to get a pic of it.

-
Back