Pics: Pacific Coast Dream Machines

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
Better late than never. Here are some pics from the PCDM show two weekends ago (the first four are vintage photos when Garlits & Prudhomme shook the strip). The show is held at the Half Moon Bay Airport in CA (which is the old Half Moon Bay Drag Strip (which closed in the late '60s) and was home to some of the fastest runs in drag racing history (notably between Garlits and Prudhomme).

prudhomme.jpg

airport.jpg

garlits.jpg

garlits2.jpg

Nice pics.. looks like there was a great turnout, and lots of cool different stuff.. Thanks for sharing.

That red 68 looks vaguely familiar.

Grant

Nice pics.. looks like there was a great turnout, and lots of cool different stuff.. Thanks for sharing.

That red 68 looks vaguely familiar.

There was tons of stuff to see. I wish I had took more pics of the vintage war time planes that were buzzing the sky all day as well as alll the steamers that were there. Maybe one of the other guys from FABO can fill in the blanks. And yes, that is redfastback's '68.

Cool stuff Ben. Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure. I think it's nice for members to share pics from the events they attend.

Looks like a great day. Thanks for posting the pics =P~

Looks like it was a great show, Ben. And I bet the weather was great at that location.
I'm gonna have to make it up there when I finally get my Dart finished!

Thanks for posting. That '56 300 has to be my favorite. Can only imagine what it would feel like to drive one of those.....

Looks like a great day. Thanks for posting the pics =P~

You are more than welcome 6pk.

Looks like it was a great show, Ben. And I bet the weather was great at that location.
I'm gonna have to make it up there when I finally get my Dart finished!

The weather was really nice that day. Warm with a little breeze. So, should I be expecting you for the 2011 show? ;)

Thanks for posting. That '56 300 has to be my favorite. Can only imagine what it would feel like to drive one of those.....

The 300B was probably my favorite car at the show. Granted, I am a little Chrysler biased but it was just beautiful (incredible styling cues). I almost asked/begged for a ride in it. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Thanks for posting! You gotta let me know when these shows come up, I need to get out more! By the way, do you have any side shots of that red 68 cuda fastback that had the polished/chrome lip on the rims? I'm interested in how that looks!

By the way, do you have any side shots of that red 68 cuda fastback that had the polished/chrome lip on the rims? I'm interested in how that looks!

I agree and I'm pretty sure I've asked about those rims before =P~. That car belongs to a member here.

Thanks for posting! You gotta let me know when these shows come up, I need to get out more! By the way, do you have any side shots of that red 68 cuda fastback that had the polished/chrome lip on the rims? I'm interested in how that looks!

Just keep checking the West Coast forum. We usually post upcoming events there. Re: the rims. See below.

I agree and I'm pretty sure I've asked about those rims before =P~. That car belongs to a member here.

Yes, that Barracuda belongs to redfastback. He has several pics of it in his threads.

Thanks for the great pics.I really like that Chevy gasser.8)

You are welcome. The gasser was very cool and seemed right at home on the old dragstrip.

BTW: I am surprised that no one has commented on the Studebaker with the blown 392 hemi up front and the blown 350 right behind it.

-
Back