Pics please.

-

Cerwin

Reaction score
Just so I dont look stupid alone.. ill drag Jim in on this.
[haha, sorry buddy]

Can someone post a picture of a CHRYS 8.75 and a ford 9

I found a whole bunch of rear ends grown over with grass and i dont know how to tell the difference. And trying to search the answer within threads on here would take quite a while. like tube demensions. how many bolts.. stuff like that.. length of pumkin! you know, i feel dumb but you guys always have the right answer. thanks.

-Jeff

I'm no expert, but here's a couple of things I found and saved.

rearend.jpg

rearend2.jpg

The easy way i tell is by the wheel cylinder bleeder screws... chryslers are small 1/4 inch ... fords are noticebly larger 3/8 ..... once you see them you cant miss the difference... anyways it works for me

Not to mention that the center chunk on an 8 3/4 is one piece while the Ford is a two piece bolt together and has a noticeably oval shaped housing center.

Great job 65s and that was one excellewnt Ford I.D page. WOW!

The easiest way to ID 8 3/4 center sections are by the nubers on the side of the snout. Look for 489, 741, 742 rears.

im more concerned with what the pumkin looks like.. im more then likely the one that posted those charts Neil!.. lol thanks tho..

That Page gave me exactuly what i needed thank you. the F9" has a hump in the back case. and is oval. where as the 8.75 is a clean round back!

Now i am offf to search!

SPPPAAAAARRRTAAA!

-
Back