pictures of my dart

-

63dartman

Reaction score
318 bored 30 over, spitfires, 323 8 3/4 posi. 904 no stall. really needs a 360...

P1140094.JPG

Iv'e had my dart for about 1.5 yrs. everything done by me....paint and all. I really need some bodywork lessons. My rear quarters and trunk lid have some serious flaws that need fixed. Oh well, I guess that's what keeps us going at it. I have learned so much from the various mods. I think the best part though is all the great people that I have met around my area and over the net. The people on this forum are great too! I have had great responses and assistance from the members. Hopefully some day I will come across some posts that I might be able to with.

nicest 2 door post I have seen, very nice was it a 170 or 270 did you decrome it?

Rio Raucho NM intel has a small plant there I have been visiting now and then, ever seen it?

Here is my 65 270

65 dart 3 views.JPG

I have worked at intel for the past ten years and I can walk to work if needed....I never walk when I can drive a mopar though!! It is no longer a small plant. They have been building there for about 6 years and is now the largest semiconductor plant in the world. My dart started out as a 170(still has the 170 hood emblem)as far as the dechroming it wasn't hard since most of it was already gone. :) It was missing the side chrome so I bought a roll of the sticky back black stuff and cut it to fit. As far as I know everything else is there. One weird thing though is that the trunk does not have the reverse light panel I see on alot of them, doesn't even have the holes for it. I guess that was an option just like the windshield washer that wasn't there. Thanks for all the great replies.....really puts a smile on my face.

still 97% org it had 57K miles on it when I bought it, I replaced the voltage reg with after market so it is no longer 100% org and I plan on pulling the org motor and installing a port fuel injected 66 /6 with a 71 head but keeping all the stock parts sat aside.
My daughter drives it 10 to 30 miles a month and we have replaced 5 carbs so I thought I would upgrade the /6.

When I bought the car plan was 402 magnum set up for road racing but it was so stock and low miles I could not cut it.. It was painted with the trim but without any clips..

If you ever meet anyone at fab11 that worked at fab3 they might remember the old Wild1. I got the Wild1 name at fab 3.

I love it. Reminds me of the '66 GT I had years ago,very close to the same color too.
Bob

wild1 where is fab 3? That one is probably shutdown by now I presume. Have you ever been to 6pack performance on 4th street? It is owned by Art pacheco and jr.....He got me my 8 3/4 drum to drum for 400$ with the posi unit. just had to bolt it in. They do alot for the race scene here in albuquerque, especially the mopars.

63dartman said:
wild1 where is fab 3? That one is probably shutdown by now I presume. .

It was in livermore Ca we developed the 8086 8088 8087 80186 ( I repaired the tools that made thies) then I helped develop the 80286 amd 80386 then Fab 3 closed in the 90s a lot of my friends went to fab 7 and 9. Fab3 TD moved up to PTDs D1 where they still are. I did Fab3 then fab8 startup, back to fab3 then D2 startup & fab1 fab12 startup & fab6 fab 20/D1b startup then fab22 startup.. Now I am at the smallest hole in the wall fab 23. Just did mod 2 startup ran first lot last week only 1 tool running in the whole fab ( F23MOD 2) and it is a HDP I helped qual.
Have not been to the shop you listed..

That is so cool....I work on nikons been at fab11 the whole time. Sounds like you been around for awhile. Are you close to retirement? I have alot of friends at fab23, Sam Riley is on shift 6 laser and he came down for training. Brad poe also used to be at fab11 and migrated to fab23 with several others. Really good talking to you.

63dartman said:
That is so cool....I work on nikons been at fab11 the whole time. Sounds like you been around for awhile. Are you close to retirement? I have alot of friends at fab23, Sam Riley is on shift 6 laser and he came down for training. Brad poe also used to be at fab11 and migrated to fab23 with several others. Really good talking to you.

retirement date 3/21/08 :) have not taken my 3rd sabitical yet so about 2 years of work. But I may keep working just be nice to hit the goal..

I just picked up a 64 170, what size wheels and tires are you running?

dart4forte I am running the 15" torque thrust d wheels with 205/60/15 tires. front tires are very close to the largest I can run without hitting the front fender well. I have the wilwood disc conversion up front and a 8 3/4 posi rear with mosier axles and bearings....not sure on the backspacing but they are the larger 4 1/2" on 5 bolt pattern. had to redrill my rear drums to fit the axle pattern. I guess I could have got new ones with the larger bolt pattern but this was cheaper and they work fine.

Wild1 I just took my first sab this year....pushed it out almost three years and less tha 4yrs till the next. Great to hear that your close to retirement. I look forward to mine. I have visions of endless tinkiering in the garage:) Are you looking forward to the retirement? Sounds like you are. Enjoy your last few years there. Maybe this summer you could give me some heads up on local events there. I could possibly make it up there for one.

63dartman said:
Wild1 I just took my first sab this year....pushed it out almost three years and less tha 4yrs till the next. Great to hear that your close to retirement. I look forward to mine. I have visions of endless tinkiering in the garage:) Are you looking forward to the retirement? Sounds like you are. Enjoy your last few years there. Maybe this summer you could give me some heads up on local events there. I could possibly make it up there for one.

I plan to build motors to take to MoPar car shows run them on stand built into truck and then sell lots and lots LOL

I may keep working for a few years but at least I can take my 3rd sabitical whenever :)

Should be some good car shows up here, but I expect more mopar shows in NM.

I head back to f22 ar lot hope to see http://www.moparsunlimitedofaz.com/show.html the best mopar show I know of.

-
Back