pictures please cheetah shifter stock console

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
anyone running a factory 4 spd or auto console with a cheetah shifter in a 70 Duster ? if so I would love to see them . thanks . Jjj.

5-4-08-photos-024-jpg.60918

Ratchet shifter & Factory Console

there must be more with this shifter and cosole in there cars . it looks like the 4 spd hole is bigger to maybe fit the shifter better?
I don't want to buy or cut up a good auto shifter console to make it fit . details would be nice from someone who done this .

I would just fab a new top plate. That way it you could put it where it feels comfortable and not hack up an oe piece.

I would just fab a new top plate. That way it you could put it where it feels comfortable and not hack up an oe piece.
I installed a cheeta shifter in the stock auto console. was a pain in the butt, but it worked. a little hacking, and ingenuity (rigging) required. wish I would have scooted it back some , instead of using the orig location !

I installed a cheeta shifter in the stock auto console. was a pain in the butt, but it worked. a little hacking, and ingenuity (rigging) required. wish I would have scooted it back some , instead of using the orig location !

thanks Bob would you happen to have a pic or 2 ?

I would just fab a new top plate. That way it you could put it where it feels comfortable and not hack up an oe piece.[/QUO

this is a great idea skep I seen your very nice install in another thread it looks factory .

If anyone has some more pics or advice on this I am going to make this one of my projects this spring

Thinking about buying this shifter too. Wanted to see if anybody else will chime in with more pics or advice.

Here is a couple of pics of the one I installed. I would suggest making a template to make sure it fits good before you start cutting.

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

-
Back