FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Found these old pics on the web, if only I had a time machine.......:-k

us30.jpg

askexpert9.jpg

askexpert10.jpg

:goodman::goodman::goodman::goodman::love5::love5::love5::love5:

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE wing cars!!!!!

I have always loved this picture. It's very interesting because the cars are in various stages of completion. If you look close, the arrow at the top of the page is a car waiting to be converted and the second arrow is a car halfway through the conversion that still needs paint. What is very strange to me is that the car that is not completed is sitting outside with the rest of the cars. Whoever owns that car today, I can promise you there is rust in it :)

Justin
"CornDog"

askexpert9.jpg

This one might be a little hard to tell, but all of the black and orange cars are Challengers

Justin
"CornDog"

newchallengersattheplant1.jpg

We have a Paramount Wonderland over by me and in the winter months Chrysler rents the lots and stores the cars there. The year the 300s came out the lots were full of them, 1000s, mainly black and just the 300s looked pretty cool. Should have got a pic or two.
AL

First picture is cool..never was a fan of the wing cars always thought they were ugly,seeing that stupid sissy bar on the back and pointed nose makes me want to puke...

First picture is cool..never was a fan of the wing cars always thought they were ugly,seeing that stupid sissy bar on the back and pointed nose makes me want to puke...
When I was younger (early 80's) I thought the same thing. Kinda cool but Ugly! They have grown on me over time, and the cool factor has over come the ugly.

(But, deep down I still think they are ugly!)

Corndog, where were the Challenger pictures taken and when? Just wondering if my black R/T is in there somewhere. Not like I'd ever be able to tell, they all look the same but cool either way.
Living near the Belvidere Chrysler plant, I've taken a few pics over the years of the new cars there, like when I first saw the "New" 95 Neons appear (Jan '04) and the first nitro yellow Neons since they were built there. I guess there really wasn't anything exciting about them even after 15 years but maybe someday they will be cool to look at. The way things are going there might not be too many more chances to do this I guess.

Corndog, where were the Challenger pictures taken and when? Just wondering if my black R/T is in there somewhere. Not like I'd ever be able to tell, they all look the same but cool either way.
Living near the Belvidere Chrysler plant, I've taken a few pics over the years of the new cars there, like when I first saw the "New" 95 Neons appear (Jan '04) and the first nitro yellow Neons since they were built there. I guess there really wasn't anything exciting about them even after 15 years but maybe someday they will be cool to look at. The way things are going there might not be too many more chances to do this I guess.

I honestly do not know exactly when or where the the picture was taken. I do know that these were the earliest production of the Challengers. I got this picture in an email before the dealerships recieved the first cars. How early is your car? I can try to find out where it was.

Justin
"CornDog"

Cool pics! As far as the Challengers go, I think they are all built at the Brampton/Bramalea plant here in Ontario. Members from the GTA will set me straight. GTS340, your Challenger is in the 3rd row, 6 cars back! LOL!!!

EDIT: I meant 5 cars back!

I have always loved this picture. It's very interesting because the cars are in various stages of completion. If you look close, the arrow at the top of the page is a car waiting to be converted and the second arrow is a car halfway through the conversion that still needs paint. What is very strange to me is that the car that is not completed is sitting outside with the rest of the cars. Whoever owns that car today, I can promise you there is rust in it :)

Justin
"CornDog"

askexpert9.jpg

Is it possible that the lot could have just an assorment of chargers, regular Chargers, 500 Chargers, and Daytonas?

TeamDart, that is exactly what I was thinking.

My car was built Nov 08. To whoever said 3rd row, five cars back, if you mean the third long row from the left facing us, fifth car back, it-could-be. Mine is black.

After looking at the Challenger pictures again, I think all those are 08 SRT's. Mine's an 09 R/T. There is one orange car along the back row that looks to have the R/T hood to fender stripes on it that made me think it was a mix, but I'll bet the lack of hood stripes on these cars means they hadn't been finished all the way. All SRT's have hood stripes. I also should have figured that it was the Brampton plant but I am sick and was half asleep when I looked the first time.

Those sre ALL SRT8 Challengers and a few of the LX line that were waiting to be transported for stripe treatment. According to the dozen or so folks I know from LXForums that work at the plant in Brampton.
Quite impressive!

My car was built Nov 08. To whoever said 3rd row, five cars back, if you mean the third long row from the left facing us, fifth car back, it-could-be. Mine is black.

That was me. I was just screwin around. As mentioned, I think those were all 08 SRT's. Hope you feel better.

-
Back