piece of crap radio station

-

GO DART

Reaction score
so last saturday becky's folding laundry and the dj says free tickets to the mellencamp/fogerty concert to the 9th caller. she jumps on it and next thing i know shes screeming i won. it was great listening to her voice on the radio and she was very entertaining. so on the air he casually asks what she doing tonight (sat) and she says my husband and i are going cruising in his 1970 dodge dart (good girl beck) and all is well. tues she goes to pick up the tickets and those cheap bastards are giving away LAWN SEATING which really you take your chances sitting there. no assined seating just drunks. i told her give them away and i'd buy her the best they had. sorry but i had to get this one off my chest!

yeah....if they don't specify, it's ALWAYS lawn seats.....

i'm going to be on the lawn at motley crue tomoroow night.....
you can't get any good tickets anymore because all the hooked up people get them and scalp them. bastards.

i was first in line to get tix last year at Rush, and it was row P....had to decline....got home 20 minutes later, went on ticketmaster.com, and got tickets 10 rows closer

there were LOTS of tickets on ebay that morning for front row to about 15th...all WAY marked up. pisses me off.

Well said:

Last year I wanted to thank my sister by getting her a pair of tickets to go see Madonna. Not only were all of the 1/4 decent seats gone 20 min after they went on sale, but I would have spent almost $1,100 on them. That is a very expensive nosebleed. I took her out to dinner and gave her a nintendo game cube instead. The last show I was at was Alanis Morisette back in the 90's and I swear I'll never go to another one again (she was fab, btw, but not worth that kind of pain). Get even, stay home.

-LY

Lol I saw Rush last year and had the lawn seating and had a great time. No loud drunks no troubles at all..... Would have liked better seats but just could not see spending $70 compared to$30 for a few rows closer.....mabey we just have a nice venue for the lawn seating.

I'm glad you had a great time! Rush is the kind of act that has been around long enough that every time you see them could be your last. Alanis was fab but getting in, getting out and EVERYTHING costing $5 was more than I could take.
As for the "good seats", I've heard that the venue, pomo companies, label, advertisers, etc... have those before the first ones goes on sale. Anyone who has a good time at a show these days is a hero as far as I am concerned.

-LY

-
Back