Pilot bearing for 5.7 Hemi Crank

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
I have a challenger 6spd going in my 5.7 which was from an 07 auto Charger. I have the pilot bearing pn#53009180AB
Image00001.jpg

The bearing fits perfect on the input shaft, now is it a matter of removing the ring that I have pointed to in the picture and putting in the new bearing? If so how do you go about this?

Image00002-1.jpg

I cut most of the way thru mine with a die grinder, and then using a chisel and hammer...it came right out. Turn the chisel sideways, and tap it down between the ring you want out and the shoulder of the recessed hole. Work your way around it, then whack down on the dumb end of the chisel to make it act like a pry bar. Ring will pop right out.

I cut most of the way thru mine with a die grinder, and then using a chisel and hammer...it came right out. Turn the chisel sideways, and tap it down between the ring you want out and the shoulder of the recessed hole. Work your way around it, then whack down on the dumb end of the chisel to make it act like a pry bar. Ring will pop right out.

A forum member has helped me identify that it is the red marked ring that has to be removed -

I used the die grinder, dremel grinding disk and chisel to get it out.

Just got mine out last week. I welded a washer with a nut for a 1/2 bolt ataced to it. Then threaded the bolt in and it pushed it right out. Whish I could say I came up with the idea but it was suggested here by another member and it made it extremely easy.

Just got mine out last week. I welded a washer with a nut for a 1/2 bolt ataced to it. Then threaded the bolt in and it pushed it right out. Whish I could say I came up with the idea but it was suggested here by another member and it made it extremely easy.

That was Boony405's idea - very clever but I cant weld and dont own a welder.

Anyhow - job is done but as you say - the welded plate and nut is a much better way of doing it.:prayer:

-
Back