Pilot bearing

-
As long as the ONE clip is not interfering, and the other clip is fully engaged and the saddles are on the fork; it might be OK: but
>those clips are what keep the TO bearing attached to the fork so that when the fork retracts, then so does the bearing. >Furthermore; the clips keep the saddles of the Assembly on the fork, which keeps it from spinning.
>Furthermore; if the TO assembly spins with the fork retracted, chances are very poor that the saddles will ever, by itself, re-align with the fork.
IMO
the bent clip should be replaced. There is a slim chance you can can do it with the trans installed; I think I did it once, working thru the bottom and the Fork-window.

First of all I would like to thank everyone that chimed in here with ideas and suggestions. The clip didn't look like much of a problem it just ate up a little of the gap to the fingers. I have since gotten everything back together and it functions perfectly. The clutch pedal no longer sticks. I had to lube up my linkage but the biggy was getting the proper fork adjustment. I have since been driving it around and breaking it in. Hard to resist romping it around but I have been good. Once again thank you guys for the help.

Snapchat-1610188994.jpg

-
Back