Pilot Bushing Depth on Magnum Crank

-

Darticon

Reaction score
I have a 4-Speed conversion kit coming from Passon and I'm looking to build a magnum 5.9L to put in front of it.

The magnum I'm building came from an 2000 Durango with an auto transmission. I've got it completely torn down and I'm looking at the crank. Does this look like it has the depth to put in a standard bushing or use the conversion bearing that goes where the TC would fit?

If the transmission had shown up yet I would just do some measurements but it's gone way past when I thought it would arrive... I need to get the crank and block in to the machine shop and just wanted to know if I should look into having them machine it deeper and put in a standard pilot bushing or leave it as-is and just use the conversion bearing?

It looks to be just over 1/2" deep and then maybe another 1/8" down to the tip of the conical indent.

IMG_20171018_114144608.jpg

I would leave the crank alone and use the newer style magnum bearing. Mock the tranny up when you get it and if the input shaft is to long you can shorten it.

I would leave the crank alone and use the newer style magnum bearing. Mock the tranny up when you get it and if the input shaft is to long you can shorten it.

Would kind of hate to cut on a $1300 transmission when I have the crank out of the engine right there to fix... I'm all for using the magnum bearing instead of a bushing. I hoped someone could tell me how deep the hole for the pilot bushing is on a crank that was made for manual to see if this one was even close to deep enough.

The photo you posted DOES NOT LOOK DEEP ENOUGH to me... On a side note, my 01 5.9 Ram 2500 IS NOT DRILLED AT ALL!!!

-
Back